Going to see Keith Urban tonight.

hardtdc

• Members

Going to see him in Raleigh tonight. I'm not right up front but we have very close seats to the side on the floor, so I'll take some pics on the android phone and also a little video if possible. The sound will probably suck on that though. I'll give an update tomorrow.

Not much on country music, but I'm actually looking forward to this as I think his guitar work is just amazing. He is one of the most melodic players out there.

Update: Killer show and they played almost 2-1/2 hours. The sound was mixed horribly through the first 2-3 songs, but they progressively fixed it and overall sounded good for a venue with horrible acoustics. The dude is one hard working MF and makes sure everyone in the crowd is into it as he was playing on different stages set up all through the crowd.

Here's some pics and a couple of vid clips.

2011-06-25_20-47-00_983.jpg

2011-06-25_20-49-14_160.jpg

2011-06-25_21-01-06_518.jpg

This one he played his 52' GT for 'Stupid Boy' and it sounded phenominal. He only did the one song with this but he should have stuck with this axe as it had the best tone I could have imagined. Proves P-90s rule.

2011-06-25_21-18-13_624.jpg

He had the mirror'd tele here.

2011-06-25_22-23-16_898.jpg

Trying to figure out how to link to my vids from my photobucket hosting.

• Members

Going to see him in Raleigh tonight. I'm not right up front but we have very close seats to the side on the floor, so I'll take some pics on the android phone and also a little video if possible. The sound will probably suck on that though. I'll give an update tomorrow.

Not much on country music, but I'm actually looking forward to this as I think his guitar work is just amazing. He is one of the most melodic players out there.

A friend to went to see him in Biloxi. He apparently is playing mostly teles again with the occassional les paul.

• Members

Sounds Like a Great Show!

Enjoy!

He Tears It Up!

Thanks

Steve

• Members

Saw him two years ago and he goes through a LOT of guitars in a show, plays the {censored} out of every one of them. He REALLY likes performing and playing gutiar so he puts on a great show.

Ditto when I saw him! Great guitarist/vocalist with a tight, sympathetic band. Have a Great time!

• Members

Not big on country music though their are plenty of players over the years I have been huge fans of like Chet, James Burton, Albert Lee, Vince Gill and Brent Mason. I could remember the guitar magazines kept writing about Urban and some years back while picking out some rock DVD's I saw his -Livin Right Now DVD and said let me see what the fuss is about. Well let me just say I wore that DVD out and he is now one of my favorite artist. Todays Country is in a lot of ways more rock influenced the same way that people would say someone like the Eagles were country influenced. I am a fan of both Urban and Paisley and find them both monster talents, though song wise Urban is more up my ally and just an all around great player, writer and singer with a guitar style all his own. I am really looking forward to seeing him live!

• Members

I've seen him once and my sister and niece have seen him three or four additional times. Great show every time. The time I saw him, he played for almost three hours and give or take a song or two, absolutely kicked ass the entire time.

:thu:

Archived