Best "do it all" Fender Stratocaster?

cerebrix

• Members

seems a bit silly to ask the best "do it all" strat if yuou're confined to SSS, because the best do it all strat is HSS.

barring that, it's not a matter of specific model, it's a matter of which has the hottest single coil pickups.. imo.. those will cover more ground. for instance, the american special strat comes with texas specials.

• Members

seems a bit silly to ask the best "do it all" strat if you're confined to SSS, because the best do it all strat is HSS.

barring that, it's not a matter of specific model, it's a matter of which has the hottest single coil pickups.. imo.. those will cover more ground. for instance, the american special strat comes with texas specials.

I mentioned it above, but I do think that S-1 Switching is a good alternative to the HSS config since it brings Series modes which emulate HBs.

Excerpt:

As you can see from the wiring diagram Fender has included what they call a

• Members

I would say a Highway One, after 2004 model. Cant stand the look of HSS Strats, and I feel like the pups on those Highway One's are hot enough to dish out some meaty slabs of distortion. Hendrix didnt need humbuckers. I love my Classic Player 50's but its a definite vintage sound so I would call it a "do it all" Strat

• Members

In my opinion it's the Classic Player 60s. That's the next Strat I'm coveting, and I'm having a hard time believing it isn't my "ultimate" Strat. I don't much like that the truss rod adjustment is at the heel, but it's not a dealbreaker. I'm really gassing for one.

198_800x600.jpg

Archived