Duncan tele pickup holes too close, doesn't fit?

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

What model Tele is it? I've seen some weird bridges from GFS not line up at all with the through body holes as well as the mounting screws for the bridge itself. Never saw a tele bridge where a pickup itself won't mount in it. Was that a replacement bridge?

• Members

What model Tele is it? I've seen some weird bridges from GFS not line up at all with the through body holes as well as the mounting screws for the bridge itself. Never saw a tele bridge where a pickup itself won't mount in it. Was that a replacement bridge?

It's a parts tele. The bridge looks to line up with my Fender teles just fine, and the pickup is visibly off, it was the first thing I noticed when I got it was it looked like the lugs were too close together, and the lack of a top lug hole.

• Members

I also can't get it to wire properly. It has red, white, green, black, and bare.

I attached the black to the hot, soldered red and white together and taped off, and green and bare to the ground. Is the incorrect?

With 5 wire Duncans it's usually green and bare to ground, white and red soldered together and taped, black to the switch. So it sounds like you have it correct.

• Members

Well, I'm seeing part of the problem. The red lead is broke from the little solder cup in front, and the ground is broken from the back.

NKLya.jpg

I've made a makeshift connection between the grounds, but the red wire is going to be difficult. What kind of a jerk...

iGxXh.jpg

• Members

it looks like the previous owner of that pickup modified it to work with some odd-ball bridge to me. in your bottom pic, you can see where the original mounting holes would be, and it looks like the guy broke the plastic around them to get it to fit into whatever weird route his guitar used. looks like you got shafted

Archived