HNBD - Hardtail Mahogany Strat Body.....

webwarmiller

• Members

Funny this thread should be resurrected today..... I just finished a couple of small mods to the guitar today. I had originally used foam under the pickups so that I could adjust their height. After playing the guitar over the past month or I got the pickups dialed in where I wanted them, so I decided to replace the foam with blocks of mahogany. I also wasn't overly pleased with the vintage bent saddles so I decided to replace them with more modern solid stainless saddles....just finished the swap a couple of hours or so ago.

img0613nx.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is he still taking orders for bodies? I can't seem to find his website any longer.

Here's his Ebay store, but it currently doesn't have any listings. This is most likely simply due to the fact that he's got a bit of back log at the moment and didn't want more orders to pile up. Just check back every week or so.....

http://stores.ebay.com/Head-Guitars?_rdc=1

• Members

Looks great.....gotta love Jeff's work. Here's the project I'm VERY slowly getting around to.....Walnut Tele Body from Jeff (and that's just mineral spirits popping the grain)

imageigw.jpg

Holy {censored}, that walnut body is killer! What did that one set you back? If those are one bill, this dude is giving bodies away.

• Members

Holy {censored}, that walnut body is killer! What did that one set you back? If those are one bill, this dude is giving bodies away.

$100 shipped to my door. That was a month or so ago when he was running 20% off.......now it would set you back a whopping $125 ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It's crazy that Jeff Head seems to have vanished. I was planning on ordering a dual P90 mahogany Tele body from him at some point, but if is recent eBay feedback is any indication, he's completely bailed from the guitar body business and left a bunch of people hanging.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I am one of the people he bailed on, I have been waiting now three months for a body I ordered with no communication from him at all except a couple of emails, he has now killed his website and closed his Ebay account, there is no excuse for the way we have been treated by Jeff Head.

I really hope that one day this comes back to haunt him bigtime.

• Members

I am one of the people he bailed on, I have been waiting now three months for a body I ordered with no communication from him at all except a couple of emails, he has now killed his website and closed his Ebay account, there is no excuse for the way we have been treated by Jeff Head.

I really hope that one day this comes back to haunt him bigtime.

That sucks... He was on the list of options for a P90 Tele body I want to build...

• Members

That sucks... He was on the list of options for a P90 Tele body I want to build...

Me too. :D I was going to order a dual P90 mahogany body from him. I hope someone with more business sense can step in and fill the void for custom Tele bodies in the same price range. Other than Red Dirt, is there anyone else?

• Members

same guy we got our La Cabro bodies from??

I'd buy from Marc again!

Oh, I'd definitely buy from Marc again! Fantastic work. I've never seen him work with mahogany, though. I think you're basically going with sugar pine or swamp ash with Marc, which is great but I really want a cheap dual P90 Tele body in mahogany. That's why I'm looking for other sources.

• Members

Have you bought any bodies from him? The price certainly looks right and it appears that he does mahogany bodies. Thanks for posting that link!

I haven't, but I got that link from somebody on here that did.

• Members
Oh, I'd definitely buy from Marc again! Fantastic work. I've never seen him work with mahogany, though. I think you're basically going with sugar pine or swamp ash with Marc, which is great but I really want a cheap dual P90 Tele body in mahogany. That's why I'm looking for other sources.

have you asked him? seems like if you're a repeat customer, he would work with you on that...:thu:

• Members

The two bodies I got from Marc are mahogany, I don't know if that was a special deal or something.

Interesting... those are the first two I've seen. Maybe I'll contact him and see if he would make the body I have in mind. I've been really happy with the other bodies I've bought from him.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Here it is for sale now:

full.jpg
front.jpg
back.jpg

Need to sell the baby because of financial problems. Will give this baby in 750.00 USD:

Includes:

One piece Mahogany Jeff Head Body professionally painted by luthier with clear gloss paint

Neck powered by Lace pickup

Bridge Jackson 1986 Made in USA J90 (From a Charvel of that era)

Mighty mite Neck with Graph nut installed and frets had a luthiers dressing made

grover rotomatics mini locking tuners

The only diference from the picture is that the back plate is not the Fender F one, does not have straplocks, the bridge steel saddles are fender original vintage ones and does not include the black pics holder.

One vol shadow kill switch 500 pot with 2 way dimarzio mini switch pickup selector.

It have strings on only needs a good setup to your preferences and is ready to rock.

Comes with molded hard case

I am from GA email if interest to trekkiesoy@yahoo.com

Thanx

Archived