Ngd. Another Gibson

metal0822

• Members

the distortions are way too hot, but i can hear the right frequencies coming from the guitar. i am also a huge alnico 2 fan. a friend of mine has a t top bridge pickup and shaw neck pickup and they are among the best pickups i have ever heard. and thats saying a lot because i have done lots of pickup experimenting. low output alnico 2 pafs are definitely what i am after. please let me know if you find those pickups, thanks for the mention.

animal, 1978s were not chambered, not even weight relieved (swiss cheese holes)

• Members

thanks everyone.

drivelikejoe, haha not gonna happen. i have been looking for the right les paul for a couple years now and this was the one. seems like you had a similar experience recently too ;) yours was meant for you, this one was meant for me

rog, thats nice, what year is she?

thanks deadbeat, i honestly just had the 490 laying around and it just sounds so great i could never get rid of it. i totally stumbled upon the seth lover neck in nickel for a steal on ebay so figured id give it a shot. these two sound so great, especially mixed.

• Members
thanks everyone.

drivelikejoe, haha not gonna happen. i have been looking for the right les paul for a couple years now and this was the one. seems like you had a similar experience recently too
;)
yours was meant for you, this one was meant for me.

Haha! Yeah jk bud. That's is definitely a sweet axe. Did u pick it up @ that store or did u buy it from ebay? Just happened to notice u were in MD and I was watching a LP from that same store a few weeks back.

• Members

thanks deadbeat, i honestly just had the 490 laying around and it just sounds so great i could never get rid of it. i totally stumbled upon the seth lover neck in nickel for a steal on ebay so figured id give it a shot. these two sound so great, especially mixed.

Mine's an '80...hard to believe yours is the older sister, huh? ;)

• Members

gotta love the red heads. let me know if you find those t tops if you dont want an arm and a leg for them

Looking at my pix, I think the T-tops might actually still be in the guitar! I was thinking I'd swapped them out but I might've been thinking of a different guitar. I'll take a look when I get home and letcha know.

Archived