Well that sucks

ashasha

• Members

Got a new Mighty Mite body for my telecaster last night. Opened it up, looked great (natural finish)...then I turned it over. The big ass dent on the box should have been a heads up. A huge (and I mean huge) chunk of just smashed up wood was starting at me. It took about a 4 inch section of beautiful swamp ash and broke the finish all up.

Music123 had a return shipping label to me in about 5 minutes time. I didn't take any pictures (still having camera issues), but a big :thu: to M123 for taking care of things quickly. As soon as they get confirmation that it's on it's way they said they'll cross ship.

The only thing that was unsettling was the fact that it was double boxed and the outer box was in pristine condition. Looks like it was dropped before being shipped to me. So I can't ding UPS for this one and it's the first time I've ever had anything damaged by them either coming or going (and it looks like they're not to blame for this). FedEx on the other hand has been a nightmare of issues over the years.

Either way the worst part of the whole thing was looking at that gorgeous body knowing that it's just trash now. Kind of depressing to know that it never even got to see it's first neck or pickup. Died way too young.

• Members

The only thing that was unsettling was the fact that it was double boxed and the outer box was in pristine condition. Looks like it was dropped before being shipped to me. So I can't ding UPS for this one and it's the first time I've ever had anything damaged by them either coming or going (and it looks like they're not to blame for this).

Maybe UPS reboxed it to throw you off the trail...

Better luck with your replacement!

Archived