NGD - AXL USA SRO Classic

Geeter

• Members

Ordered from Amazon. Was supposed to be off white, but looks natural. I checked with AXL and they confirmed that it is the USA SRO.

She feels wonderful and sounds even better. The frets are well dressed. There is a bit more relief than I prefer, but I will adjust that little by little as I go along. This is a better guitar than either the Mexican or the Highway One Strats that I have owned in the past. I am definitely interested in their USA LP type model. I usually wouldn't go for the distressed look, but this one is more like an extremely thin finish and there are no artificial dings or nasty "aged" metal. The neck almost feels unfinished. Smooth as a babies bottom.

Nobody who has picked her up can believe that she was $299.

Say hello to my new favorite guitar.

axl_1_full.jpg

axl_2_body.jpg

axl_3_head.jpg

axl_4_backbody.jpg

axl_5_backhead.jpg

• Members

Very nice! :thu:

Currently having 7 different badwaters myself, I've been very interested in checking out their American series. My biggest gripe with them is the weak pickups, but having the pickups upgraded (Along with the tuners and bridge) for a reasonable price is really starting to make me consider taking one for a test drive... Although, I wish they had kept the distressed hardware look on the American models. I just think it makes it look cooler...

• Members

Very nice!
:thu:

Currently having 7 different badwaters myself, I've been very interested in checking out their American series. My biggest gripe with them is the weak pickups, but having the pickups upgraded (Along with the tuners and bridge) for a reasonable price is really starting to make me consider taking one for a test drive... Although, I wish they had kept the distressed hardware look on the American models. I just think it makes it look cooler...

I don't have any of the standard badwater series, but I definitely think you will not be sorry that you tried the US series. The pickups are actually my favorite part.

BTW, my next target is the 1216 JR or the MJZ

• Members

I don't have any of the standard badwater series, but I definitely think you will not be sorry that you tried the US series. The pickups are actually my favorite part.

BTW, my next target is the
or the

According to their website, the pickups on the American SRO are Seymour Duncan Five-Two's, which are a big step up from the "Designed" by EMG pickups.

Ah, so your interested in the 1216 Jr. too? The demo doesn't tell me nearly enough about it:

[video=youtube;VVCQG0qpl0o]

Archived