NGD! Classic Vibe Custom (video content)

Noak

• Members

Alright, so I received my new (used) CVC the other day and it's great! Love the thin 9.25 radius neck and medium jumbo frets. I swapped the pickups and decided to make a comparison video of it.

[video=youtube;Qxoz7pSA9TM]

Which pickups do you like better?

• Members

Thanks for your comments! I have to agree with what you guys are asying, the new PUs sound better. The stock ones were a bit thin (but overall good sounding) but these ones gives it the authority of a great Tele. And it's more obvious in person too...

• Members

Both of the upgrades seem to have more depth to their tone.

Nice playing.

THat's a very good way to describe it. The stock ones sounded good to me, but there were a few times that they sounded a bit on the sterile or plain side (not much, but just a bit). The new ones definitely have more stuff going on with them and while the bass is more apparent there's just as much bite to them. They just sound a bit more complex.

Either way your tone and playing are great. :thu:

• Members

I tried one the other day at BestBuy and it was really nice. The neck was 'over straight'/had back bow but aside from that it was lovely for very little moola.

I liked the replaced pickups better judging by the clip. I think the big difference was the neck pickup though.

Archived