Want 2 show U my new G order-Didn't know it existed until last night-Gibson MM 2xP-90

GAS Man

• Members

It's called a Gibson Melody Maker Special

Well, I just now lost the link to the exact piece I'm gettnig because they do take them off line after you buy it (luckily I still have it open on my home PC so I can capture their gallery images into my p-bucket acct) but it's one of these.

126210679-body-l.jpg

126210679-front-l.jpg

126210679-detail1-l.jpg

126210679-detail2-l.jpg

126210679-detail3-l.jpg

126210679-detail4-l.jpg

The one I ordered is a bit better matched looking on the back

126210679-detail6-l.jpg

126210679-detail7-l.jpg

and the consolation prize

126210679-case-l.jpg

This one is a "Melody Maker Special" sporting 2 Gibson P-90s. The one I grabbed off of SW weighed in a a mere 6 pounds even.

I figure the thin slab mahogany and 2 P-90s will give this thing so much vibe that I'll have to play it in my skivvies for that extra bit of thrill ;)

This one I've shown above was my close second choice and is still available.

• Members

Just got home and I was able to capture the images of the exact piece I got since I still had the page up (from before they took the images off their site). Geeze, I didn't think my post above ever made it through. I tried about 3 times during my lunch break at the office and each time the page crashed.

But anyway, here's the exact piece I did get.

126510613-body-l.jpg126510613-detail1-l.jpg126510613-detail2-l.jpg126510613-detail3-l.jpg126510613-detail4-l.jpg126510613-detail7-l.jpg126510613-detail5-l.jpg126510613-detail6-l.jpg126510613-front-l.jpg

I found a bunch of sheet on the SW water page last night that I didn't know existed yet. These new Melody Makers for one, now instead of Gibson Studio "Floods" they have "Swirls" of which I think the new black and silver is stunning. They have a new version of the Faded Studio in a similar blue stain which I think far exceeds the look of the worn brown (that I have) or the worn cherry (still for the $799 price) and they now have a USA version of the Fender '72 Telecaster Custom.

V05295-front-l.jpg

• Members

Whoa!

Hey, you're now in my will - thanks for the response.

But the rest of you guys - come 'on - a little feedback here puhlease! 55 views and only 1 response?

I know the site is barely hobblin along on just one limp phallus, but give me some feedback. ;)

• Members

That looks a LOT like my first electric guitar - an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. It was from the few years period when Epiphones was making their Studios with really thin bodies. Mines red, though, and uses regular humbuckers, of course.

Yeah, I remember those. ;)

I think most folks here would probably prefer the yellow, but I already have a yellow LP Special

126410459-front-l.jpg

or red

126510592-body-l.jpg

• Members

And also for those who have that pent up Pelham Blue desire, check out this brand new Les Paul Special HUMBUCKER model in Pelham Blue.

It's only starting out the gate with a $999 price tag, so it's in the same ball park of an SG Special. It has the 490/498 but is sporting a new Obeche fingerboard. I'm assuming they are then staining it to look more like ebony. But I'm just guessing on that from my brief jaunt through googling "Obeche". It seems to be naturally a lighter colored African wood.

125610379-front-l.jpg

125610379-body-l.jpg

and yeah, I guessed it was the "trouble loading page" that has kept many from daring to post. My AVG program was warning me early this morning that Mozilla was eating up a whole bunch of my memory. I thought there was a good chance that a good part of that was where it was struggling to load HCEG so I abandoned and went to Mark's forum for a bit. Thanks for the tip on that Elias. :wave:

Oh dear, I'm about to hit "Post Quick :lol: Reply" :eek: here goes !

• Members

I went with the other $699 Blue P90 option:

124110499-front-l.jpg

And yeah, I was drooling a bit over that option too. But I do have one just like that already in Sunburst so even for a GAS'r, I couldn't rationalize that one just on color except if I was buying it for a X-mas gift. And I'm too maxed out these days to be that extravagant. Danged economy's getting ready to take a bit of a nip out of my arse now too. We're talking some furlough days for next year.

• Members

One thing I didn't exactly love about the one above that I bought is how light the fretboard looks compared to the body and headstock coloring.

I've got some shoe heel dressing that I think might work. And I understand that Stew Mac has some ebony dressing, but I'd be a bit scared of making a mess. I.e. I might be a wuss.

Thoughts?

• Members

Post I'm copying over from Mark Wein.com's HCEG Refugee thread.

I tried to respond to your thread over there but I have no idea if it went or not.

Anyway, I bet you're gonna like that roasted maple board. I love mine. It's as hard and slick as ebony.

EG

Well that's a major :facepalm: moment for me.

I thought I'd just bought a guitar with a very light piece of rosewood. No wonder it looks light.

:lol:

Well in that case, no way I'm tinting it.

I guess I was just so enamored about grabbing that particular piece in a dual P-90 blue stain that I didn't even read all of their specs. :o

Bad GAS'r baaad.

Well that will be cool and although I might have preferred the spec of the slightly warmer rosewood, that does add another layer of uniqueness to the pick. ;)

• Members

The MM looks like the Jonas Bros. model without the stupid logo stuff. Saves the trouble of a refin, which is nice.

You're absolutely right. I hadn't made that mental connection yet. I'd often looked at that JB sig MM and thought it would be cool if only it didn't have the JB graphic, so I think you're correct.

Just went and looked at the specs

Here's the JB

809cfdef-3ba4-46f0-afda-4ae6c143a632.jpg

So besides the Graphic, the JB has an ebony board instead of this baked maple and the JB comes with the Jonas Bros pubic hair starter pack. ;)

Archived