I must have a Pelham Blue guitar!!! I MUST!

jimtalkbox

• Members

Not a great pic, so sorry, but I have this one that was "blue mist". Kinda close to pelham, don't you think?

DSC02051-1.jpg

I'd be curious to see how this "Pelham Blue" Wilshire looks in the flesh. Can't usually get too good of an idea from these webshots.

739214.jpg

$299

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jimtalkbox why not just find a Jetstar in Moonblue and trade it or buy it a lot less expensive $$.

I'm more interested in that EXACT Pelham Blue color. Ironically, I had traded a tricked out White Epi G400 to get the Dearmond Jetstar. I can't part with that guitar now... it's too frickin' SWEEEEETTTT!!!

• Members

567728.jpg

I love a good Pelham Blue myself. Ever seen Beale Street Blue? I'm not sure I don't like it even better.

EG

I love the ES-330 more than butter on fish, but not in that colour.

I've always had this weird hangup where blue looks wrong on pretty much anything that isn't a Strat.

• Members

Dave Grohl's favorite guitar was his red Gibson Trini Lopez but what he really wanted was one in Pelham Blue. He mentioned this in an interview in Guitar World and somebody read the interview and contacted him and sold him his dream guitar. He loved it so much, it's his signature model.

I dig that story because it's about guitarists helping guitarists. And it involves Pelham Blue.

21_foofighters_lg.jpg

gibsonDG335.jpg

Pictured above: Dave Grohl's DG335

• Members

Pelham Blue & Lake Placid Blue are close, but I've always heard/read that Pelham is a little lighter.

Ice Blue Metallic under a very slightly tinted clear is probably the closest.

It's pretty much impossible to exactly match a real nitro finish, because nitro is always changing color. The original Pelham Blue fades to a turquoise after a few years, so that's what we're used to seeing, and that's the color a lot of people are really after. It's subjective. Put five 60s Pelham Blue SGs side by side and they'll all look very different - and different still from a new Gibson or Epi.

Lake Placid Blue is considerably darker than Pelham. But it is extremely similar, if not identical to Gibson's Sapphire Blue. Again, a moving target.

• Members

I saw this today over in the "Effects" forum.

shop-kid-albums-work-guitars-picture3488

shop-kid-albums-work-guitars-picture3487

Then cursed the heavens when it seemed as though these were "UK ONLY SPECIAL EDITION" guitars... If anyone has a lead on one of these in the U.S., it'd be much appreciated.

Also, please feel free to show off your Pelham Blue pron. As you can tell, I'm OBSESSED with having a guitar this color.

There's one at Marshall Music in Portage, Michigan. It's cool as hell - everything you see in that picture is equally as nice in person.

Their website sucks, but it has contact information is your interested: http://www.marshallmusic.com/

• Members

There's one at Marshall Music in Portage, Michigan. It's cool as hell - everything you see in that picture is equally as nice in person.

Their website sucks, but it has contact information is your interested:

Thanks for the lead! And thanks to everyone for all of the Pelham Blue pron! I'm obsessed with that color, as many you all seem to be.

Archived