a which guitar would you buy question

mistersully

• Members
While I am a bit ashamed of it, im not afraid to admit i'm pretty vain and care about nameplates. Something about a well known brand on the headstock makes me feel better.
:idk:
A dumb finish can also ruin a guitar for me, no matter how awesome it feels/sounds. I realize my methods may be unsound... the horror... but dammit, I can't help it.

nothing wrong with that... it is what it is... and at least you're honest about it

• Members

I love a guitar that's got a crappy reputation that amazes people.

#1 Less expensive
#2 Less risk of theft
#3 less depreciation
#4 Makes me look like a better player who can get great tone out of garbage.
#5 Avoids the whole yuppie rocker look
#6 Less worry about getting scratches and dings
#7 Makes me look more unique not playing what everyone else plays.
#8 on top of that it sounds better based on the OP's description?

I'm there dude.

• Members

Me?

I'd buy the first guitar, take it to my local overpriced luthier for oneof the special set-ups that he learned while sitting at Gods knee, swap the pickups and rock that sucker into the new Age!

As many of you have said so many times, "No one cares what the guitar sounds like. The audience shows up to be entertained."

Anyway, I like the Virgin thing!

• Members

Ok, pick up the $1200 guitar and threaten to bust it up over the seller's head if he doesn't man up and tell you truth 'cuz NOBODY is selling a guitar like that cheap unless it's a phony or it's hot! Then find somebody selling the FS git for $450 and buy it from him!

Archived