HNSGJGD

blind radish

• Members

Well

The gas got to me... I caved and bought a new Gibson SG Junior. Sam Ash had a 20 Percent off coupon, and my local store had 1 Junior ... and this one Junior had a neck that is nearly as dark as my 60s tribute SG with rosewood.

The guitar is Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I had a LP junior and loved everything about it. This junior has everything the LP has with a couple of exceptions ... it's a tad brighter (and lighter) but in a very good way. It rings like a bell. Very light. nicely balanced for an SG. Great neck size ... in between 50s and 60s ...

For $7 bills and change ... this is an exceptional guitar. Puts my 60s tribute to shame in terms of finish.

very happy

sg-junior.jpg

• Members

You can buy these in stores? I didn't think they made them anymore? That is sexy.

edit: I guess the store happened to have one that didn't sell or something? Regardless, Gibson needs to be making stuff that's simple and good looking/sounding like that instead of 17 models of melody makers that look like toys.

• Members

You can buy these in stores? I didn't think they made them anymore? That is sexy.

edit: I guess the store happened to have one that didn't sell or something? Regardless, Gibson needs to be making stuff that's simple and good looking/sounding like that instead of 17 models of melody makers that look like toys.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SGJ6HCCH/ New model. :p

• Members

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-sg-junior-60s-electric-guitar

I hope this stick around until tax return time if I can't score one before Christmas...

• Members

I hope these stick around until tax return time if I can't score one before Christmas...

• Members

I hope these stick around until tax return time if I can't score one before Christmas...

• Members

I love the looks of SG jrs, but I don't know if I could get along with only having a bridge as i'm on the neck of my tele about as much as the bridge...

Same here, I change from neck to bridge quite a bit...a coil tap in a jr might be enough for me..

Nice axe, congrats

• Members

Or you can just play the neck pickup and get exactly what you want, as well as the ability to blend.

The neck and bridge are very different animals on my SG, and there's no way I can manipulate the controls on the bridge to make it sound exactly like the neck. To me Gibson's are all about the ability to blend pickups, and $150 is worth it for that option.

Archived