JAGCASTER/SUPERJAG Thingy Build

FoonkySteve

• Members

Does it seem the 22 fret neck will fit right in the pocket and keep proper intonation? I like everything about the idea of the guitar except the Floyd. :D Good luck on getting it completed, and I hope you'll end up liking and using it a lot. :phil:

• Members

FoonkySteve, reading your thread gave me renewed Jag GAS, so I hopped on the bay and found this. I thought you might appreciate it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Japan-HOLLOW-BODY-Jaguar-JG-HO-NEW-MODEL-/260761989279?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cb6a0309f

Love it!:thu: It's almost the perfect guitar for me, if it had a maple board and was 25.5" scale i would have that in an instant. It does look absolutely stunning though! I's almost a Starcaster too ;)

• Members

Idk why i'm stuck on the recessed idea. I used to have an Ibanez RG470 about 10 years ago, which i loved the bridge on. If i go surface mounted,(which i may end up doing as it seems less hassle) will i be able to fit a D-tuna?

Actually, a d-Tuna will NOT work on a floating Floyd. If it's recessed, it needs to be blocked from raising pitch. The Peavey Wolfgang and the Fender/EVH Wolfgang, which both come from the factory with the d-Tuna, are non-recessed.

wolfie2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ok. So this guitar build thingy was supposed to be a super crazy mental versatile axe!

Floating trem, sustainiac pickup, and just kinda all over a rad beast!

Thing is, i kinda can't be bothered with all the hassle:facepalm:

Ive been meaning to buy the bridge for months, but i just never have the spare cash, unforseen expenses keep coming up:mad:

I was thinking i might be able to get it the end of july, if i do, you guys have talked me into the non-recessed idea.:thu: So that will save alot of bother, but recently ive been thinking 'why the foonk do i want a floyd?' i seriously doubt i'll use it much at all. I never even use the trem on my strat! And this sustainiac idea, is firstly really expensive, secondly, i don't know how much i would use that either if at all!?!?!?

Now i am considering, selling the Locking nut cut MM neck, for a normal MM neck, sticking a 2 point trem on there, maybe even the x bridge?, and just having a nice looking JagCaster thingy?

Also thinking the MM necks are unfinished, im gonna need to coat it in something, but what?

as for the pickguard........ dont get me started, this is gonna be a nightmare:facepalm:

Crossroads point here:

Help me out guys! I can probably be swayed to just go all the way with the original idea, although im re-assessing the whole thing. It's gonna be a long assed expensive journey, will it be worth it?:confused:

Maybe its just my manperiod;)

• Members

Also thinking the MM necks are unfinished, im gonna need to coat it in something, but what?

Can you get TruOil in the UK? That is an cheap/easy wipe-on type finish. Or you could do Tung oil, same idea..

G&L uses TruOil on their necks so i am told, no to mention many of the builders on this forum. Atrox is the king of TruOil, check out some of his threads.

• Members

Can you get TruOil in the UK? That is an cheap/easy wipe-on type finish. Or you could do Tung oil, same idea..

G&L uses TruOil on their necks so i am told, no to mention many of the builders on this forum. Atrox is the king of TruOil, check out some of his threads.

Thanks again Linus,

Im gonna look into that.

I'm back on track, ive ordered a US fender neckplate, and machine heads, im gonna order the bridge when i get paid, a week tomorrow!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ok. So i got scared for a bit and went off the original idea, as it seemed it was just too big a job and a pain in the ass for a noob.

Then i decided to suck it up and stick with the originl idea, as i have got this far.

I have nearly everything i need:

MM2902FRC Neck

6 Chrome Fender Tuners

Chrome R3 nut

The Jag body (kept the strap buttons on ;))

Chrome Heavy Duty Brass/Steel Lic Floyd Trem

Bridge Pickup - GFS lil Killer 10k

GFS 3ply Black Pickguard material sheet (not looking forward to cutting this)

Set of Aged White Strat controls

65345429.jpg43027c83.jpg

b86d622b.jpg

4fa62d53.jpg

c9a68b41.jpg

977b6b38.jpg28c24123.jpg

cb9e7b1d.jpg

78c33f05.jpg

What i still need to do/aquire:

Gots to get me some tru oil for the neck.

I need to route out the middle of the body for the middle single coil

Got to cut the Guard

Got to get the Cash together to order the sustainiac system (neck pu & pots and caps included as fas as i know??)

Then it's assembly time! ........... i think/hope

• 4 months later...
  • Members

What i still need to do/aquire:

Gots to get me some tru oil for the neck.

I need to route out the middle of the body for the middle single coil

Got to cut the Guard

Got to get the Cash together to order the sustainiac system (neck pu & pots and caps included as fas as i know??)

Then it's assembly time! ........... i think/hope

Well i got the tru-oil, and i made an arse of that, so it kinda put me off for a bit. :(

Still need to get the cash together for the Sustainiac - (you hear that santa????)

And i got a bit distracted, i started sanding down my red mahalo ukulele, coz i decided i didn't like it red. Done the back and sides, and left it like that for acoupla months.

Then this weekend when i had some spare time, i made an orange amp/Lamp combo....... :facepalm:

I need to stop putting this off and being a scardy cat eh?

Archived