Ebay seller phrases/words that make you want to smash something...

Chad

• Members

I don't know what you'd put instead of Hamer if you're selling an import Hamer, the bad version would be "Hamer (not USA)", which would still only be half as bad as "Gibson strings" on some random guitar.

I'm fine with sales pitches, I find it more irritating when there's a thousand words of boilerplate and a twelve word description of the item with one small picture.

Also IMO "lawsuit" is fine for any 70s MIJ guitar that's a carbon copy, I think that's well understood, no need to get too literal about it. I wouldn't use it as a search term but someone might.

I don't disagree, but I do think that people get the wrong impression; as stated here: http://www.guitarattack.com/destroyer/lawsuit.htm

These lawsuit guitars (speaking, in this case, about Ibanez) aren't necessarily great guitars, they just look like recognizable guitars. I have always wondered why a person would drop $500 on an Ibanez Lawsuit LP copy instead of heading to ebay and picking up a Gibson LP (Faded, VM, whatever) for about the same price.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...I find it more irritating when there's a thousand words of boilerplate and a twelve word description of the item with one small picture..

Yes! I can't stand that. When selling on Ebay, I NEVER use the "product details" part of Ebay's listing options. I mostly buy used items and am fully aware of what I'm looking for. What I want in a listing is detailed info and pics on the specific item in the listing. I can look up specs and stock pics in other areas of the internet.

• Members

What I'm saying is that there has to be a reason for the return. They have to point out something that contradicts the description and/or pictures. I am extremely anal with my listings, but at the same time I am human and not perfect. In the unlikely incident that I DID overlook something, that's where the return policy comes in to play.

It doesn't take much. Prime example, I sold a pair of black jeans on Ebay. The tag said black, from the manufacturer. The listing was all information from the manufacturer's website, which said black.

The buyer got them and said they "weren't black enough." Ebay forced me to give him a refund and he still left me negative feedback (which he later removed after I begged him).

I assume, with such a complaint, he loved Burzum.

Even a customer mistaking a product for something else can occasionally be considered "not as described," because it's not what THEY thought you were describing it as, no matter how well you did s.

• Members
I hate seeing homemade relics. I think I've seen one guitar that was home-relic'd and impressed me, and that was in the forum (somewhere in the Guitar Pictures. thread that GreatDane posted in often.)

badrelictele.jpg

"I 'modified' this guitar by dragging the body (without the neck and hardware obviously) down my driveway behind my 66 Mustang and then I set it on fire for a while."

Was there a Whoville apartment fire in the body?

• Members

I have always wondered why a person would drop $500 on an Ibanez Lawsuit LP copy instead of heading to ebay and picking up a Gibson LP (Faded, VM, whatever) for about the same price.

Actually, the Ibanez copies are pretty good. $300, maybe, but $500, no. I'd say the Explorers going for the amounts they do is EVH's fault.

Archived