Can we have a Family Picture Thread?

iplayanesp

• Members

I cannot type words that would convey the expression on my face.

Oh The Tal, 360's

Country Gent, Roundup and that black one, oh boy dude.

Thanks.

I'm not a jazzer. The Tal just appealed to me because of its' wide open tone.

I was pretty much in love with it when I tried it out....then the last thing I saw was it's back. Let's go home together.

talback.jpg

I also have a dark wine red Tal with a pin stripe maple top grain.

pairoftals1.jpg

95GibsonWineTalFarlowBodA.jpg

95GibsonWineTalFarlowScroll.jpg

95GibsonWineTalFarlowTailpiece.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would kill to have that green sparkle gretsch. I've been looking for one just like that, but they all seem to have a bigsby on them these days.

Most of the greet sparkle 6129's I've seen have Bigsby trems.

I bought that from GC in East Brunswick, NJ about 12 years ago.

Gretsch6129Body.jpg

• Members

"Thanks.
I'm not a jazzer. The Tal just appealed to me because of its' wide open tone.
I was pretty much in love with it when I tried it out....then the last thing I saw was it's back."

Me neither . I just like nice guitars. Dem's nice. The Vibrolux and Tone Master too. uuuuuuuhuhuun

• Members

Bbreaker - don't forget the NGD thread when you get one! Interestingly enough, there's a brand new 62 Thinskin matching headstock LPB Jazzmaster in a local store. Fender apparently never got around to shipping this one out or something so they sent it to the local store (Norman's Rare Guitars, I think it's called). It's apparently pretty rare because it's in such good condition.

Marc G - Is that an ES-137? Always thought those were fantastic.

Krashpad - I like your Ric (and the story behind it). And the Breadwinner (deacon?) is pretty unique too.

• Members
va-va-voom. not a bad one in the bunch. that Giffin is dreamy. i am also very fond of your PRSi. is that a McCarty with birds? you have some serious class, Heel.

You're too kind, as always Ben. The PRS is a Custom 22 from 97, and it was my first PRS. I've owned around a dozen, but these two remain and won't ever leave. :)

Archived