Modded Fender Strats

RUExp?

• Members

How modded is 'modded'?

Anything other than pure stock?

This is my most recent strat project. MIM body that I refinished in Duplicolor, Warmoth birdseye maple neck I refinished in Tru Oil, pickup is an Air Norton.

DSC_8747a1.jpg

This was the strat project before that... 1986 MIJ Fender body, 1996 MIJ lefty neck. The neck came with a lefty body, but I just couldn't get along with the controls being under my forearm. It appears someone had taken a lighter to the back of the neck which inspired me to do a Hendrix Monterey Pop Festival Tribute Strat of sorts. I had a local guy do the hand painting. CS69 pickups... everything else is pretty much standard fare. Came out kinda cool though. I actually just did a full setup on it a couple weeks ago... fret level, crown, polish, dressed the ends... nice playing guitar now.

DSC_7881a1.jpg

DSC_7899a1.jpg

• Members

dsc0467bm.jpg

Body from Classic 50s

Neck from Deluxe V Neck. Last fret shaved away.

Locking Fender tuners

Fender signed Custom Shop 69s

All CTS pots plus treble bleed

All Callaham hardware. Saddles, bridge, block, the whole thing.

Sanded down to bare wood. Paper thin acrylic enamel finish.

• Members

This was the strat project before that... 1986 MIJ Fender body, 1996 MIJ lefty neck. The neck came with a lefty body, but I just couldn't get along with the controls being under my forearm. It appears someone had taken a lighter to the back of the neck which inspired me to do a Hendrix Monterey Pop Festival Tribute Strat of sorts. I had a local guy do the hand painting. CS69 pickups... everything else is pretty much standard fare. Came out kinda cool though. I actually just did a full setup on it a couple weeks ago... fret level, crown, polish, dressed the ends... nice playing guitar now.

DSC_7899a1.jpg

Nice job incorporating that into the design theme.

But when I first looked at the pic, I wondered if this was someone's attempt at home-baking a maple neck :lol:

• Members

How modded is 'modded'?

Anything other than pure stock?

This is my most recent strat project. MIM body that I refinished in Duplicolor, Warmoth birdseye maple neck I refinished in Tru Oil, pickup is an Air Norton.

DSC_8747a1.jpg

As far as single humbucker Strats go that is a really nice one.

• Members

My partscaster with a Dimazrio Super Distortion in the bridge and Humbucker From Hell in the neck!

001-3.jpg

My Squier CV 50's with Tex Mex pickups in the bridge and middle and Dimarzio Blue Velvet in the Neck! Going to replacing the Tex Mex in the bridge with a Benson hand wound when I get it in the mail!

003-8.jpg

Archived