Other than pearloid, what would look good on a guitar like this?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

attachment.php?attachmentid=325154&d=128

In my recent theme of fixing up what I have.....I'd like to update my Pacifica 604w.

It's a great guitar, and is for sale, but I'm thinking I should keep it and make it work instead.

Any other color pickguards work with that color scheme?

I'd like to keep the white pickups....especially the Lil 59s......I may replace the lace pickup.....not sure yet.

Is it worth it to keep the switching options? series/single/parallel on the neck and middle and push pull split for the bridge?

• Members

attachment.php?attachmentid=325154&d=128

In my recent theme of fixing up what I have.....I'd like to update my Pacifica 604w.

It's a great guitar, and is for sale, but I'm thinking I should keep it and make it work instead.

Any other color pickguards work with that color scheme?

I'd like to keep the white pickups....especially the Lil 59s......I may replace the lace pickup.....not sure yet.

Is it worth it to keep the switching options? series/single/parallel on the neck and middle and push pull split for the bridge?

Not the same color but close enough to get the idea I think. I never was attracted to the white pearl. I also tried plain white and black on this one. Finally decided the aged pearl with cream covers wasn't half bad. Whatever color you go with if pickup color is an issue I'm pretty sure you can get new ones for the Laces and there are stick ons that you can use to change the color of the other two.

KOA010.jpg

• Members

Not the same color but close enough to get the idea I think. I never was attracted to the white pearl. I also tried plain white and black on this one. Finally decided the aged pearl with cream covers wasn't half bad. Whatever color you go with if pickup color is an issue I'm pretty sure you can get new ones for the Laces and there are stick ons that you can use to change the color of the other two.

KOA010.jpg

That looks great.....thanks for the ideas...

what kind of bridge is that?

I like the lil 59s, but not dead set on keeping them.

(my only concern is that I have a modded fender strat with singles and a HB)

• Members

I would go with the aged/cream pickguard. To make the guitar truly versatile I would make one of the switches go from HHH -> SSS so that you have the ability for some fat tones or traditional tones.

Each mini switch controls the neck and middle for series/single/parallel operation.....the Bridge has a push pull single/parallel switch.

(I probably should rewire it all :o)

So aged/cream huh......:thu:

I'm just not sure how to separate it from my HSS Fender Strat.........which I'm modding to the max.

• Members

That looks great.....thanks for the ideas...

what kind of bridge is that?

I like the lil 59s, but not dead set on keeping them.

(my only concern is that I have a modded fender strat with singles and a HB)

It's the original bridge. Fender only made this one for 2 years. They called it a "Free Flight" bridge because it mounts from the top with no rear routing required. I don't use the trem myself so I've got it blocked.

Archived