What amp are you playing through, and what amp do you wish you were playing through?

slushpup96

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Currently the Vox AC-30. Would like an AC-100. It's what every livingroom player needs.

58b.jpeg

Features

Output Power 100 watts

Tube Compliment ECC83, 12AU7 (x2), EL34 Quartet.

Channel One Two inputs,

one volume,

one bass,

one treble

Speaker(s) Four Vox Celestion Alnico 12" speakers

+ two Midax HF horns.

Size (Head) 7" H x 19" W x 11.5" D

Size (Speaker cabinet) 40" H x 27" W x 12" D

Accessories Cover, Chrome roller stand, Foot pedal.

• Members

I'm playing through a 65 Amps London Pro and I can honestly say I don't want anything else. At least nothing else that I've heard - there are still many amps to demo out there!

Cratz - if you get a chance, you should check out the EF86 channel on this thing - it's beautiful.

DSC_0323.jpg

With out a doubt, I can see why you are content.

• Members

You can always tell the Evil Twin visually as it has three or four extra knobs and no areas where there are gaps between the knobs.

As for the Red Knob Twin... other than how they cheapened the build of the guts, I've never understood the hate... or that of most Red Knob Fenders.

They sure sound like Fenders to me... always have... every one I've ever played.

:idk:

• Members

Not my pics, but:

laney-lh20.jpg

a.provider,m.62232,mod.media,th.normal,s

(the Orange is away getting a service at the moment, I figured 35 years with the original caps was a bit too long, especially as it was starting to get quite a bit of mains hum from it)

Honestly I'm 100% happy. I'd like to get a Fender Supersonic 22, and I wish I could get a quieter version of the Orange (it's very loud indeed), but I'm more than content with what I've got.

• Members

My teacher just got one of the small orange heads that's switchable between, I believe, 7 & 15 w, through the V30 speaker box for a mini stack.

I'm liking it quite a a lot.

I've currently got an epi vj combo for practice, as well as a vj head through a 2x12 celestion black shadow set for jams with other players.

• Members

As for the Red Knob Twin... other than how they cheapened the build of the guts, I've never understood the hate... or that of most Red Knob Fenders.

They sure sound like Fenders to me... always have... every one I've ever played.

:idk:

I think it's mostly internet lore, but it is based somewhat in reality that they run hot, and have all of the control knobs mounted on an apparently hard to fix circuit board.

3935d1230376048-the_twin_internals.jpg

Looking at that, I'd say it would be difficult, but not impossible to repair.

• Members

Mostly playing through my champ project amp that I built and the twin that I built inside the super twin chassis... and am really happy w/those amps.

Would love to sell my rivera and peavey classic 50 to finance either a deluxe reverb, drri, or new 22w super-sonic. Maybe next year!

• Members

Playing through a Peavey Delta Blues 210 with Eminence Rajin Cajin and Ramrod speakers. I'm perfectly happy with it as I only use it for a loud clean pedal platform and it excels at that, but ideally I'd like an old Super Reverb or Music Man HD 130 210.

• Members

Currently playing through

marshallclass5.jpg

and/or

1315872398-386.JPG_m.jpg

(fairly impressive little SS amp, has cascading gain preamp)

Wish I had

medium1.jpg

or this

medium1.jpg

(to rock my Townshend wannabe)

...or possibly this

41534_l.jpg

Fender Vibroverb Diaz modified reissue from some years back. I demoed one in store and really sensed it possessed sound and response of a number of classic amps of its original era. I could've then - or now - blow up one of my credit cards and buy one but it wouldn't make any sense. I just play at home and and too closely situated to neighbors to crank it. :(

Archived