NGD!!!! YEEEEE!!!!!

elsupermanny14

• Members

So I got a really nice bonus at work for the end of the year. I did the only responsible thing and I paid off a student loan... damn that was boring. BUT I still bought a little something for myself in order to stay in the holiday spirit!

I bought this! Got an amazing deal on it. $117 shipped to my door. This thing is in excellent condition. It looks brand new.

100_1241.jpg

Anyways this thing is pretty sweet. This thing has everything you need and nothing you don't. Best of all you can use the effects like a stomp boxes with individual controls so you don't have to spend an eternity making presents.

For the longest time I had been looking for an easy to use effects processor with no amp or cabinet models. I hate trying to edit "amps." I wanted an effects processor so that I could have many different effects running through MY amp. This fit the bill nicely.

• Members

Nice.

How are the effects in them, as good as the Boss stomp boxs?

Wouldn't mind one myself.

My brother has one that I've used quite a bit. It's pretty sweet. The delays and modulations are great, the reverb is pretty good too. Distortions are a bit hit and miss but there are still some very good sounds in there. It works best through a valve amp like the OP is using to warm it up. It has some drawbacks (the delay time resets every time you switch it off, for instance), but overall very decent.

The thing is, for under $120, that won't even buy you a single "boutique" effects pedal, but with this you get a whole range of pretty good sounds.

The built in tuner is an added bonus.

• Members

So I got a really nice bonus at work for the end of the year. I did the only responsible thing and I paid off a student loan... damn that was boring. BUT I still bought a little something for myself in order to stay in the holiday spirit!

I bought this! Got an amazing deal on it. $117 shipped to my door. This thing is in excellent condition. It looks brand new.

100_1241.jpg

Our record company guy lent one of those to the other guitarist in Crash Pad, and he used it at our last show for his distortion, it sounded great.

Congrats!

• Members

Thanks guys! Loving this thing!

Coolness - so I see that you are running it direct into the amp, no effects loop. Do you think it makes a difference?

I can't here any noticeable difference. Remember how most people can't tell the differences between Wagdog's SRV Strat and Squier Strat? Same thing with the direct in vs effects loop.

One thing to note though, you have a volume on the guitar, volume on the OD effects, master volume on the ME50, and volume on the amp. It allows you to really dial in crunch to your pick attack with very little effort. All of the volume controls give you a lot of flexibility to maintain a "powerful" sound without pissing off the neighbors.

• Members

Very cool. plus you paid your loan.... Good work

This is my complete rig now. I live in an apartment and I can play at apartment levels with this combination. I have everything I need with this.

100_1243.jpg

And for late night playing, my rig incorporates the pocket POD that you see sitting on top of my amp.

• Members

ME-50 is worth the price just for the Wah, Whammy, and Ring Mod. I sold mine and I really miss it. I wish they would come out with a pedal that just has the expression pedal on it and none of the others. I wish BOSS would listen to me. I wish anybody would listen to me. Is this thing on?:wave:

Archived