What song are you working on

cratz2

• Members

Looking forward to your rendition, cratz. :thu:

I'm working on Deep purple's "Lazy", the two solos. I'm 95% there but one part is out of my current abilities (the crtazy fast shredding phrase in the first solo). I can play that short part at 90% speed but not yet at full speed. Otherwise I'm happy with the progress given that this is not what I have practiced all my life.

• Members

I don't know if I'll actually get to a version I can record, but I'm currently working on a version of Pink Floyds Great Gig in the Sky. I've worked through the piano part though I am not proficient enough at it yet. I would do the slide part on guitar with slide. Of course I can't sing that piece so I was thinking of guitar solo instead of vocals. I definitely can't match Clare Torry's vocal, but I think I could come up with something that fits.

• Members

Songwise I'm working on two new originals. One probably will be in the Country Rock vein with lots of vocal harmony. The other, I'm hoping, will be in a bit funkier, Stones type setting. Technique wise, as always, I work on keeping my bends in tune and my vibrato happening as well.

• Members

Hmm.. where to begin. Working on learning a couple of more modes to break out of the pentatonic box. Working on Satriani's
Always with you, always with me
to help expand my "vocabulary" and a little bit of Miles Davis'
So What

Good Satriani tune to work - big balls of you to take on one of his pieces - too intimidating for me.

• Members

Kit - I saw Greg Koch demoing that pedal, sounded really good (probably had something to do with Greg?)

Cratz: any chance you will post a clip? Django is awesome... and incredibly challenging.

Me? Working on yardbird suite still... took a little break for a while.

• Members

I'm learning quite a few at once...a band I'm in is busy building a setlist and most of the tunes I haven't played before. Hard rock/metal/ stuff, 60's to newish.

I also teach and end up learning stuff my students want to play...which is ok most of the time.

So when I get time I usually work on my originals. Or noodle aimlessly.

• Members

I bought a Tom Petty book the other day...so far, I've focused mostly on "American Girl," but have dabbled with "Listen to Her Heart," "Learning to Fly," and "Into the Great Wide Open." I'm really learning how to economize my limited dexterity and make the most of a few notes from the pentatonic scale. Mike Campbell is one of the few pentatonic-based guitarists that really intrigue me.

Archived