Let's Get a Strat for Stratogirl!!!

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a red Squire Strat guitar w/maple neck. The neck just says Fender Start and Squire is removed. I have taken it apart and was going to sale in on the bay, but if anything is needed just let me know and I will send it out to you.
PS. There is a little body damage with a 1/2 inch chunck out of it. It gives it mojo though and better tone.... :>

• Members

I need some help guys, I've seen the perfect body, but it's $156 and in the US. How would everybody feel if I started taking money donations and all the parts offered here and then parted out spare stuff on Ebay to pay for this. This would make the perfect Gilmour Red

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-STRAT-guitar-BODY-chrome-gloss-RED-candy-apple_W0QQitemZ120172239438QQihZ002QQcategoryZ41406QQcmdZViewItem

chromeredstrat.JPG

You know, sometimes I wonder if Justin (n.aalox) lurks around here. I've bought a couple things off him. He's a nice guy. Tell him the situation and he might be able to finagle something on the shipping or whatnot.

• Members

Man, take a day off to battle a migraine and miss quite a bit!

Anyway, did some checking on the body I have - if it's not a standard strat neck pocket, it's pretty dang close.

But I assume we're going for red, now? I check and don't actually have a red body at hand, but I know someone who has one he'll most likely trade me. I think it's one of the Squier Affinity Strats, so it's actually a metallic red.

So, it would look like this: (image from the Squier site)

0310600525_xl.jpg

EDIT: Gave him a call, he'll trade me for a spare neck I've got. He'll leave the pickguard and rear cover on it, too. Let me know and I'll grab it.

• Moderators
I'm selling some strat parts right now on ebay in the UK, I cant let them go for nothing, but some may be of use. Body is around same price as the red one, and no taxes to pay. Top contour isnt quite as much as a modern strat, its a bit chunkier in that area.

body-1.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330177169826&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=014

Andy, what kind of deal can you do us on this? :cop:

• Moderators
Man, take a day off to battle a migraine and miss quite a bit!

Anyway, did some checking on the body I have - if it's not a standard strat neck pocket, it's pretty dang close.

But I assume we're going for red, now? I check and don't actually have a red body at hand, but I know someone who has one he'll most likely trade me. I think it's one of the Squier Affinity Strats, so it's actually a metallic red.

So, it would look like this: (image from the Squier site)

0310600525_xl.jpg

EDIT: Gave him a call, he'll trade me for a spare neck I've got. He'll leave the pickguard and rear cover on it, too. Let me know and I'll grab it.

OK, on the basis that this should ideally be a build with donated parts I'll got for this, it look just great and is perfect for a starter guitar, I gotta try and keep some perspective, otherwise if things do go wrong we end up sending summat too close to Custom Shop standards;)
So body sorted

• Members

OK, on the basis that this should ideally be a build with donated parts I'll got for this, it look just great and is perfect for a starter guitar, I gotta try and keep some perspective, otherwise if things do go wrong we end up sending summat too close to Custom Shop standards

So body sorted

Realistically I'd want

• Members

Anybody who now wants to make any monetary donations by Paypal can start doing so now. I've cleared my account and with no pending deals, it's a good time. Any excess will be used for strings, maybe a book or two, shipping etc.

we good to order the neck?

• Members

Anybody who now wants to make any monetary donations by Paypal can start doing so now. I've cleared my account and with no pending deals, it's a good time. Any excess will be used for strings, maybe a book or two, shipping etc.

PMing you for paypal details.

• Members

OK, took a long lunch hour and went and made the trade, so I have the nice red Squier body in hand.

But here's some news - while there, I half-jokingly asked, "you don't happen to have a maple board neck for that, do ya?" and lo and behold, he threw in a Squier maple board neck. :eek:

So I've got that, if needed - it's also apparently from an Affinity strat.

• Members
OK, took a long lunch hour and went and made the trade, so I have the nice red Squier body in hand.

But here's some news - while there, I half-jokingly asked, "you don't happen to have a maple board neck for that, do ya?" and lo and behold, he threw in a Squier maple board neck.
:eek:

So I've got that, if needed - it's also apparently from an Affinity strat.

Thanks Funderbunk but Atrox and I are planning to get a neck with the right specifications for this guitar :)

• Members
Thanks Funderbunk but Atrox and I are planning to get a neck with the right specifications for this guitar
:)

That's what I figured - this has the wrong headstock, it's fishbelly white, and who knows what frets are on it. But heck, I'll use it for something (if nothing else, it'll keep the rest of the stuff company in the parts closet...)

The body is quite nice, though - the pickguard still has the stickers/plastic film on it, and apparently it's alder.

Archived