Let's Get a Strat for Stratogirl!!!

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

she's PM'd me several times, and budding Romanian guitarists do have a tough time of it, and she seems keen and dedicated, and I think it's a great Idea.

Sean, I dont have any Strat bits handy, but would like to contribute. let me know when I can make a small donation...also if it's any use, I have one of those 10 watt type combos that come with kits..all perfect working order and everything...If she needs an amp to get going with I'll happily bung that in.

Keep me posted!:thu:

• Moderators

i have an old yellowed pickguard (if you decide on the relic look that is) and some nicely aged pickup covers and knobs. i think i have an old ibanez Rg middle sc lying around, but i have no idea how it sounds.

i'm from the netherlands though, so it might be kind of a hassle sending the stuff to the us only to have it shipped back as a completed guitar a week later...

good idea though!

I'm not in the US:poke::thu:

• Moderators

she's PM'd me several times, and budding Romanian guitarists do have a tough time of it, and she seems keen and dedicated, and I think it's a great Idea.

Sean, I dont have any Strat bits handy, but would like to contribute. let me know when I can make a small donation...also if it's any use, I have one of those 10 watt type combos that come with kits..all perfect working order and everything...If she needs an amp to get going with I'll happily bung that in.

Keep me posted!
:thu:

Great stuff Marc:thu:

With regards the amp, it'd cost too much, even a Strat with 6kg is gonna cost 45 quid.

• Members

I have an old MIJ Charvel super strat body and neck that needs a refinish, it is routed for a Kahler that I also have available, but it doesn't have a bar and one saddle is mis-matched. It has a pointy head neck and sharkfin inlays. The body has at some pount been badly routed to a swimming pool route that should be easy enough to fill in and reroute.

PM me if you're interested.

• Members

Heck, I'd be a right bastard if I didn't donate to this, seeing as how I was the one to bring it up in the first place.

I've got a neck and body to donate to the cause, they're the ones in this thread:

http://tinyurl.com/25ornw

I've replaced the tuners with Planetwaves auto-trim tuners, and polished off the pignose logo on the headstock, and put Schaller straplocks on the body.

It won't have electronics or pickups in it, though, but the pickguard will be there - being an oddball strat copy, I doubt a standard strat guard would fit.

A nice guitar - just never made it into the rotation here.

EDIT: just remembered - it will need a new nut. The stock plastic one fell out in pieces while restringing. Hrrrm.

• Members

Heck, I'd be a right bastard if I didn't donate to this, seeing as how I was the one to bring it up in the first place.

I've got a neck and body to donate to the cause, they're the ones in this thread:

I've replaced the tuners with Planetwaves auto-trim tuners, and polished off the pignose logo on the headstock, and put Schaller straplocks on the body.

It won't have electronics or pickups in it, though, but the pickguard will be there - being an oddball strat copy, I doubt a standard strat guard would fit.

She was actually the very fist nominee I got in via PM before we even knew what we were going to do for the giveaway. That says something for sure.

This seems to be the best idea IMO. Though I'm still willing to donate a new allparts neck should we decide to go another route.

• Moderators

http://tinyurl.com/25ornw

EDIT: just remembered - it will need a new nut. The stock plastic one fell out in pieces while restringing. Hrrrm.

Whereabouts in the world are you? If you're accessible, I'd like to go with the body as I'm hoping that Atrox has a maple neck, so we can do a David Gilmour thang

• Members
Whereabouts in the world are you? If you're accessible, I'd like to go with the body as I'm hoping that Atrox has a maple neck, so we can do a David Gilmour thang

I'm in Florida, but just a body should be pretty shippable. I'm not sure if this uses a standard strat neck pocket though; let me check tonight when I get home from work.

• Moderators

Once again, I'll appraise what we get, but I'd really like to send the girl a good sounding guitar and for a Strat I reckon a good set of pickups are essential, hopefully somebody will have a set of GFS or maybe someone else will have something good, or I see that we already have one Greybottom, so lets see what else comes up:)

• Members

Once again, I'll appraise what we get, but I'd really like to send the girl a good sounding guitar and for a Strat I reckon a good set of pickups are essential, hopefully somebody will have a set of GFS or maybe someone else will have something good, or I see that we already have one Greybottom, so lets see what else comes up:)

Hmmm..... if they weren't so tricky to track down, I'd leave in the Bartolinis that are currently in the body. I'll start packing up the body tonight - I guess I'll leave the straplocks on it.

• Moderators

Hmmm..... if they weren't so tricky to track down, I'd leave in the Bartolinis that are currently in the body. I'll start packing up the body tonight - I guess I'll leave the straplocks on it.

Bartolini's?:eek:

To be honest I'd be too tempted myself:D

No way man, you keep those, appreciate the thought tho:thu:

• Members

Bartolini's?
:eek:

To be honest I'd be too tempted myself:D

No way man, you keep those, appreciate the thought tho:thu:

Well, to be honest they're the reason I even bought this guitar. I had these three great condition Bartolini strat pups that I got for - get this - $25 for the set, and had nothing to put them in. They sound great, so they'll stay here with the other Barts I've collected over the years (including a Kramer Ripley 6-channel humbucker - woot!).

• Members

Maple board?

Yeah, but my October order has been done already and I try not to order more than once a month. But I can if we need to. I may have some other things for another october order.

21 fret maple vintage frets 7.25"

Archived