Let's Get a Strat for Stratogirl!!!

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

Over in Atrox's Mason giveaway thread someone mentioned a Strat for Stratogirl. I'll put it together and send it if people wanna shell in bits n pieces or funds. As most of you are Stateside I reckon funds will be best.

I'm still looking for contributions as I want to include a fair lot of strings, picks, a strap and to shore up the shipping fund, so just PM me for the Paypal address or if you want to send cash, gold, camels, or vestal virgins, you can have my home address

The latest inventory is:

Body & pickguard/backplate: Funderbunk RECEIVED

Neck: Atrox RECEIVED

Bridge: Go Cat Go RECEIVED

Pickup set: Ancient Mariner RECEIVED

Bridge pup: Bryan (Norcal) RECEIVED

Middle pup: Spirit of the Age RECEIVED

Tuners: Bluesrock 70s RECEIVED

Schaller Strap locks: SUV Steve RECEIVED

Individual request:

The Principles of Correct Practice for Guitar - Suggested and paid for by LA Racer

Additions from contributions:

Tuner

Crash Course - Electric Guitar

Black Tolex Hard Shell Case

Guitar maintenance book

Mason Guitars t-shirt

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why not a real strat from Musician's Friend? I think we could talk them into it. And with all the members here I think we could donate enough real fast to get one into her hands very soon. They could set up a P.O. box and a paypal account. We could ask her whether she wanted an ash or alder bodied one.

• Moderators

Why not a real strat from Musician's Friend? I think we could talk them into it. And with all the members here I think we could donate enough real fast to get one into her hands very soon. They could set up a P.O. box and a paypal account. We could ask her whether she wanted an ash or alder bodied one.

And then send it from the US to Romania?:confused: Expensive definitely and possibly leave her with a customs bill?

• Members

Nobody who really wants to play should be prevented by geographical

location. I'd thought of this myself, but being in the US would make it near

impossible. Hopefully the UK would be a better launching pad. This is the

kind of stuff that keeps me playing guitar and writing songs. Hope for the

human race. Shows that all are not indifferent tossers.

• Members

This is very cool, but please be aware that getting an entire guitar to Romania might be tough. I work for a publishing company that won't ship there as the number of books that disappear in the mail when shipping there is astounding.

If people are so willing to steal individual books on computer programming then a complete guitar stands a very high chance of getting nabbed. Best bet would be to send it in parts :-/

I have a seymour duncan super distortion that I could throw in if it's wanted.. not very Strat, but I am pulling it out of an HSS strat

• Members

This is very cool, but please be aware that getting an entire guitar to Romania might be tough. I work for a publishing company that won't ship there as the number of books that disappear in the mail when shipping there is astounding.

If people are so willing to steal individual books on computer programming then a complete guitar stands a very high chance of getting nabbed. Best bet would be to send it in parts :-/

I have a
seymour duncan super distortion
that I could throw in if it's wanted.. not very Strat, but I am pulling it out of an HSS strat

No such thing! :mad:

• Members

i have an old yellowed pickguard (if you decide on the relic look that is) and some nicely aged pickup covers and knobs. i think i have an old ibanez Rg middle sc lying around, but i have no idea how it sounds.

i'm from the netherlands though, so it might be kind of a hassle sending the stuff to the us only to have it shipped back as a completed guitar a week later...

good idea though!

• Members

She was interested in a Gilmour-type Strat, right? Maybe get that pink Strat body, paint it black, put a maple board neck on it, and put some GFS greybottoms in it?

I dunno what I have to donate... Somebody PM me later tonight to remind me and I'll check when I get home. :D

Archived