Let's Get a Strat for Stratogirl!!!

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators
Hmmmm..... so she's really fond of red? Let me do some digging in the parts closet - I seem to recall parting out a red stratoclone a while back. Man, I really need to start either finishing some of these projects or stop gathering parts, pack-rat style...

:D:D:D Know what you mean, I have chunks of rosewood, walnut, limba piling up on me.

Let me know on the red body......so we're back to a white pickguard eh, better swot up on that red one, that the 62 with the 57 neck or summat?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:D
:D:D Know what you mean, I have chunks of rosewood, walnut, limba piling up on me.

Let me know on the red body......so we're back to a white pickguard eh, better swot up on that red one, that the 62 with the 57 neck or summat?

Ratae, I'm sure she will be as happy with the black Gilmourish. So guys, don't go out of your way because of color.

One thing though: I've just PMed Atrox about the neck. She had some problems bending on a 7.25" radius fingerboard. When she bends the B string the G and D get "hooked" on her fingertips and strummed making an ugly sound. It may be a techinque problem or because of her tiny fingers but I thought maybe a flatter fingerboard would be better.

I proposed Atrox for me to buy a flatter neck and now I'm waiting his answer. But if anyone has a neck like this (9.5" or flatter, medium jumbo frets, tinted maple) lying around and is willing to donate it would be helpful as it Atrox would probably have to order it and we also have to solve how to get my payment to him because as Paypal refuses clients from Romania I can't use Paypal.

• Moderators

Ratae, I'm sure she will be as happy with the black Gilmourish. So guys, don't go out of your way because of color.

One thing though: I've just PMed Atrox about the neck. She had some problems bending on a 7.25" radius fingerboard. When she bends the B string the G and D get "hooked" on her fingertips and strummed making an ugly sound. It may be a techinque problem or because of her tiny fingers but I thought maybe a flatter fingerboard would be better.

I proposed Atrox for me to buy a flatter neck and now I'm waiting his answer. But if anyone has a neck like this (9.5" or flatter, medium jumbo frets, tinted maple) lying around and is willing to donate it would be helpful as it Atrox would probably have to order it and we also have to solve how to get my payment to him because as Paypal refuses clients from Romania I can't use Paypal.

Would it be any easier to get it to me in the UK Ronin? I presume you're on Euros now?

• Members
Would it be any easier to get it to me in the UK Ronin? I presume you're on Euros now?

The thing is Atrox was going to provide a 7.25" neck so I msgd him to ask if he could get a flatter one and I'm willing to pay for it.
It's not that I have the neck here or I'm going to buy it here.

And no, we're not on Euros here yet. :cry:

• Members
The thing is Atrox was going to provide a 7.25" neck so I msgd him to ask if he could get a flatter one and I'm willing to pay for it.

It's not that I have the neck here or I'm going to buy it here.

And no, we're not on Euros here yet.
:cry:

Flatter is fine. i was going for the Gilmour type neck. I can get it 10".

• Members

Hi guys

Long time lurker, first time poster here, and I'm also from romania.

Really nice thing you've got going here :) So I wanted to let you know that I'm willing to help with things on this end.

It is possible to have a guitar shipped from the US to RO (I've done it a couple of times) and it will cost about $100US + transport inside the US to New York

• Members
Hi guys

Long time lurker, first time poster here, and I'm also from romania.

Really nice thing you've got going here
:)
So I wanted to let you know that I'm willing to help with things on this end.

It is possible to have a guitar shipped from the US to RO (I've done it a couple of times) and it will cost about $100US + transport inside the US to New York

Buna Sheriff,

They are going to ship the parts to UK and Ratae is going to assemble the guitar and ship it to Ro.

It should be tax free from UK to Ro, right?

• Moderators

Hi Ronin

Yea, normally it should be tax-free, especially since I understand it will be marked as a gift.

There is no need to mark it as a gift in Romania, as free trade applies in all EU countries, but seeing as it is one of those rare occasions when it is a gift, this is what it will be labelled:cop:

• Members

LOL @ golden shower - I hope that wasn't google images w/o safe search.

Sean - I've got black HSS and white SSS pick guards here, plus a set of GFS vintage 60s strat PUs with the middle NOT RWRP (Al Groves doesn't really need them ;)). I also have some slightly tired vintage style tuners from a Squier (probably not the best, but available) and spare saddles. I'm happy wiring a guitar together too, if that needs doing.

FWIW Music Live is coming up in 2 weeks, and it might be possible to pick up something decent to 'Gilmourize' there for

• Moderators
LOL @ golden shower - I hope that wasn't google images w/o safe search.

Sean - I've got black HSS and white SSS pick guards here, plus a set of GFS vintage 60s strat PUs with the middle NOT RWRP (Al Groves doesn't really need them ;)). I also have some slightly tired vintage style tuners from a Squier (probably not the best, but available) and spare saddles. I'm happy wiring a guitar together too, if that needs doing.

FWIW Music Live is coming up in 2 weeks, and it might be possible to pick up something decent to 'Gilmourize' there for

• Members
Note to self: Never Google "golden shower" again. Never.

Ahahahahahaha! :)

Ok guys. I've been busy for the past 2 days, so I missed out on this thread. And I missed out on the previous ones too (Minitruth, JJ, etc.) so i'm stepping up to the plate this time!

I have no hardware or electronics to offer, plus I'm in the US, but I'd be more than happy to pledge something towards this effort. RC, you can PM me with info on what you need.

This is a great idea, btw.

And yes, if I recall the first Stratogirl thread, she was definitely way into Gilmour. So anything in that general direction is probably a good idea :)

Archived