Name some songs full of tasty licks!

AlexMC

• Members

Get any one of The Helicasters three studio releases. Enough there to keep you busy for ten lifetimes.

It is a melange of blues, jazz, rock, even a few metalish riffs, reggae, southern rock, you will find trinkets of most styles of popular western usic, extremely and masterfully played, and the while mess is smeared in a wash of southern twang.

They are so good, sometimes they actually sound like they are mocking music itself, but I mean that in a good way.

Yeah, definitely check out the Hellicasters. Three of the best guitar players on Earth all working and playing together, and they do it extremely well, all the while musically enhancing each other. I have heard their 40 or so songs hundreds of times each, and I am never bored , I always hear new things I hadn't noticed before, always continue to be blown away by them.

"Hanging at Tom & Rita's" is pure sonic goodness.

• Members

Get any one of The Helicasters three studio releases. Enough there to keep you busy for ten lifetimes.

It is a melange of blues, jazz, rock, even a few metalish riffs, reggae, southern rock, you will find trinkets of most styles of popular western usic, extremely and masterfully played, and the while mess is smeared in a wash of southern twang.

They are so good, sometimes they actually sound like they are mocking music itself, but I mean that in a good way.

Yeah, definitely check out the Hellicasters. Three of the best guitar players on Earth all working and playing together, and they do it extremely well, all the while musically enhancing each other. I have heard their 40 or so songs hundreds of times each, and I am never bored , I always hear new things I hadn't noticed before, always continue to be blown away by them.

I hear there's a new Hellacasters CD on the way. Great stuff! Masterful players!

• Members

Try some chicken fried rock. To much fun and a great way to get involved with the major pentatonics especially with the Allman Bros. and Marshall Tucker stuff. Best bar/party music on the planet.

[video=youtube;xjkEh0Ou4vM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjkEh0Ou4vM

[video=youtube;3NpKZ4sNSU4]

[video=youtube;9FIw7wa1QJs]

[video=youtube;52ai_MFbGDo]

• Members

These were the "tastiest" I could come up with.

1) "Sing for Your Supper," The Mamas and the Papas

2) "Candy Man," Roy Orbison

3) "All You Can Eat," The Fat Boys

4) "The Lemon Tree," Trini Lopez

5) "Be Our Guest," from Beauty and the Beast

6) "All That Meat and No Potatoes," Fats Waller

7) "Vegetables," The Beach Boys

8) "Goober Peas," traditional

9) "Eat It," Weird Al Yankovic

Enjoy your eating, er, playing!

Archived