Just bought a Peavey T-60

fanuvbrak

• Members

I've been borrowing my neighbors for almost a year now and she won't sell it. So I went in search of a new guitar. I didn't have a $1000 plus budget, so I couldn't find anything that came close to the T-60 in playability, tone variability, and invulnerability. Feel free to add any -ility words you want.

I was looking in the $500 to $700 range and played Shecter, Jackson, Fender, Epihone, Ibanez, and even used gear. Nothing came close. And the best thing is, it's only $212.50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7326025993&fromMakeTrack=true

If you run across one of these, check them out as a backup.

• Members

Originally posted by fanuvbrak

I've been borrowing my neighbors for almost a year now and she won't sell it. So I went in search of a new guitar. I didn't have a $1000 plus budget, so I couldn't find anything that came close to the T-60 in playability, tone variability, and invulnerability. Feel free to add any -ility words you want.

I was looking in the $500 to $700 range and played Shecter, Jackson, Fender, Epihone, Ibanez, and even used gear. Nothing came close. And the best thing is, it's only $212.50.

If you run across one of these, check them out as a backup.

I had a Patriot about 17-18 years ago that looked like the T-60. It was a good guitar. At the time I put a JB in the neck and a Duncan Distortion in the bridge.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

They were the first CNC guitars, IIRC.

:cool:

I'm pretty sure you're dead on there JJ....Hartley Peavey brought Chip Todd in to design that guitar (and many others), and I am almost positive they were the first to go CNC.....much to the laughter of everyone else.......

I had a natural in '79 or '80 , a black (GZeus, it's long gone) in 82, and boght a white one in 82 later on.......all great players and good guitars, but of course I let 'em all go......a buddy of mine got a sunburst model with R/W board.....I always wanted that thing, but he'd never part with it....last time I saw him he still had it, hadn't played it in over 15yrs and still wouldn't sell it to me!

• Members

I'd love to have a white one. I loves me some white guitars!

I spoke with Chip Todd at the Austin Guitar Show a couple of years back. He said he'd be happy to make me one, any color, any electronics I want (he's local), but we never talked money, and I never have money, so I didn't follow up.

I'm sure Krashpad will be along with his "Keef Richards" T-60 anytime. :D

• Members

I'd love to have a white one. I loves me some white guitars!

I spoke with Chip Todd at the Austin Guitar Show a couple of years back. He said he'd be happy to make me one, any color, any electronics I want (he's local), but we never talked money, and I never have money, so I didn't follow up.

I'm sure Krashpad will be along with his "Keef Richards" T-60 anytime.
:D

I've never had the opportunity to visit with Chip, but he posts a bit on the Peavey board. Seems like a really nice guy, and always offering to do stuff for guys over there.

• Members

If you're interested in talking to him about something, I can see if I can dig up his card for you. Just pm me and let me know.

He had a kid there who seemed to be "running the business" and he just hung out and chatted with folks.

I've seen stuff on ebay with his name attached that seemed to be put up by "the kid."

• Members

I sold some T60 parts to Chip a while back. You would think he would have all of them he would need, but he was actively buying spare parts. He was a super nice guy, he sent me some pictures of his shop and showed him lightening the body weight of a T60 by routing it out a lot within the electronics cavities.

• Members

If you're interested in talking to him about something, I can see if I can dig up his card for you. Just pm me and let me know.

He had a kid there who seemed to be "running the business" and he just hung out and chatted with folks.

I've seen stuff on ebay with his name attached that seemed to be put up by "the kid."

I'll drop you a PM....a local store has a natural that needs the neck pup either replaced or rewired, and the phase switch replaced....I'll bet Chip can get me the parts I'd need.....I can buy it for $90 out the door....think I'll go get it....

• Members

Originally posted by geddins81

I'll drop you a PM....a local store has a natural that needs the neck pup either replaced or rewired, and the phase switch replaced....I'll bet Chip can get me the parts I'd need.....I can buy it for $90 out the door....think I'll go get it....

If I had $90 I would :D

• Members

man....i wish i never sold mine. i loved that thing. it sustained like no other, but was so INCREDIBLY HEAVY! Wearing those guitars will make a man out of you quickly. WIth the tones pots wide open it turns the pups into single coils, with the tone rolled back a litle, turns them into buckers........ very solid although i broke the small switch (the one that gives it the tiny sound with both pups volume on 10 and both pups on) doing some retarded tom morello type things...........

• Members

Not intending to hijack the thread.

I need an original bridge pickup for a friends early t60.

The one without the blades showing on the top.

If anyone has one for a decent price please send me a pm.

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by fanuvbrak

Feel free to add any -ility words you want.

John Cougarility :D .

Fenders are tough, but a T-60 is "run over with a monster truck" tough!

• Members

I bought mine new when they first came out in 1978 along with a TKO 80 amp. Other than breaking the phase switch a couple of times (completely my fault) this thing is indestructible. Its the natural finish ash body and gloss maple neck and came in the big rectangular case. The headstock is marked "Patents applied for" which I believe means it is a early production model. I love the versitility of this guitar, especially in double coil mode.

I believe at the current market prices these are some of the best buys to be had.

Archived