My Updated Rig... Post Yours!

elsupermanny14

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really recently picked up the Egnater Tweaker 15 head and the GK bass head. Definitely a cool amp and having the hot plate really lets me crank it. While it's sitting on the bass amp and cab, I play it through the Mesa cab. That handle on the Mesa is too tall for the Egnater's feet

6955018409_90526d8e07_b.jpg

DSC_2508 by AYates Photos, on Flickr

6874430141_6eed6866b2_z.jpg

DSC_2257 by AYates Photos, on Flickr

• Members

Really recently picked up the Egnater Tweaker 15 head and the GK bass head. Definitely a cool amp and having the hot plate really lets me crank it. While it's sitting on the bass amp and cab, I play it through the Mesa cab. That handle on the Mesa is too tall for the Egnater's feet

DSC_2508
by
AYates Photos
, on Flickr

DSC_2257
by
AYates Photos
, on Flickr

Mesa makes my favorite amps!

• Members

Mesa makes my favorite amps!

Thanks! Found this on Craigslist a few years ago and never let go. The tremoverb can do wonderful cleans and pushed cleans, to totally crushing drive. Totally love it. The Egnater has a different flavor and really does the low/mid gain stuff really well. It'll also nail some higher gain Marshall-ey type stuff. I was also looking at the 1 watt Blackstar, VHT, Blackheart and Kustom Defender 5H. The tweaker was not even on my radar til I saw it on sale on Presidents day :lol:

• Members

DSC_2508
by
AYates Photos
, on Flickr

DSC_2257
by
AYates Photos
, on Flickr

What is that double-cut Tele looking ESP? :o

• Members

Here's what I've been using pretty steadily lately: a Les Paul 1960 VOS and Alex Lifeson Axcess through a Marshall 1974x or DSL 401 for outdoor gigs. My pedalboard is slowly being replaced by my Pod HD500 floor unit which I'm starting to love for live work. For my church gig, I have a Vox AC15CC1x permanently in place along with a nice AKG condenser mic. I've also been performing a LOT of acoustic shows lately using my Martin 000-28 Eric Clapton which is the sweetest guitar this side of heaven. I posted a YouTube video of my latest song--yeah, I know it's an electric guitar forum, blah blah blah...

ALa.jpg

R0a.jpg

ecm1.jpg

1974xa.jpg

pb.jpg

podhd9.jpg

I played this live for the first time earlier today:

[video=youtube;jQiwrymOFvk]

• Members

What is that double-cut Tele looking ESP?
:o

It's a LTD Hybrid-400. I think they discontinued them maybe 4 years ago. Originally came with Duncan JB bridge but I bought it used with the Dimarzio Super Distortion. Neck is a Duncan Quarter Pound Tele STR-3. Both pots are push/pull, one is coil split on the bridge, and the other is phase (added by previous owner). I love playing it, great neck, and it's so versatile.

Here's a really informal video of me playing it through the Egnater. It really came about from a lesson I'm working on about hybrid picking. And yeah, the G chord always gets me. Sorry about the focus... my Nikon autofocused on me as I hit record :o

3eAM8gvg198

• Members

No change since last year. I don't see it changing anytime soon. It took me seven years of fiddling with gear to get where I am. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy it for a while. I should probably try for a better picture though.

GretschandGuild003-2-1.jpg

Archived