New to guitar playing or want to brush up? The best free internet teacher.

Snappy Hat

• Members

Marty Schwartz . Don't know the guy but find his lessons

down to earth and easy to follow. He does mostly full free lessons.

What I like about him , he plays the lesson off the bat so you can bail if you dont like.

I hate hate the youtubers that drone on with talk before they do the lesson , making

you listen to blah blah blah then find out you dont even want to learn what they were teaching.

Anyhow, Don't pay for dvds or pay sites until you exhaust his stuff. Hes got tons for free on Youtube.

Post your fav Marty lessons .

Don't know how to post? Follow this link

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2886332-I-made-a-video-for-those-that-don-t-know-how-to-embed-videos.

:thu:

[video=youtube;gsPIJZEXpe8]

• Members

Agreed he is a great teacher, his stuff is free, and he's likeable too.

Ya I think thats a big part of him, hes likeable . Kinda goofy and not pretentious at all.

Good jazzy lesson, more advanced than beginner.

[video=youtube;dpgMrnV4IY8]

• Members

I like Marty and Justin Sandercoe for free lessons.

I signed up for Marty's mailing list, and started getting 4-6 emails a day. I was a little put off by that.

I never signed up , nor have I ever gone to his actual website myself lol.

• Members

Another fan of Justin here...
:thu:

Ok I just watched 4 of Justin's videos and he might be a good teacher but he does what I hate, blah blah blah blah before you get

to see what he is going cover. One of his videos is a full 5 minutes of blah blah blah before you hear a note.

I quit watching at that point sorry I want to know what you are going teach first . Its a cardinal sin as far as I'm concerned.

Think I'm joking watch this one , my god I got bored to death .

[video=youtube;gofTVOIwdmw]

• Members

I like Marty and Justin Sandercoe for free lessons.

I signed up for Marty's mailing list, and started getting 4-6 emails a day. I was a little put off by that.

I only receive maybe 1 email a week, if that.

Marty is more personable and down to earth about playing guitar, and it goes a long way in teaching, Justin's lessons are good too. Marty does his videos perfectly. He plays what he is going to teach you right off the bat, then teaches the lesson going over each piece 3-4 times, then plays the whole thing again. The only thing I wish he did was give his amp settings in the info.

• Members

I both teach and do educational technology work, and I use both of these guys as examples of what to do as instructors. Justin's site is outstanding- there's a wealth of clearly laid-out information there. I more or less taught myself the basics of how to play from that site, and I've donated to his site since I found it so valuable.

Marty's stuff is just a blast- as mentioned before, his individual videos are laid out very well with a clear example to start and then working through each part. My only gripe with him is that he tends to speed up during a lesson- the first riff he'll do veeerry slow and multiple times, but some of the later ones he'll barely work through. Hey Marty- it's ok to make a second video, or make it 15 minutes. We'll follow you.

I just wish I could convince more of the professors I work with that a tidal wave of free content and courses are coming our way- higher ed needs to adapt, and more quickly than we're used to...

• Members

I both teach and do educational technology work,

I just wish I could convince more of the professors I work with that a tidal wave of free content and courses are coming our way- higher ed needs to adapt, and more quickly than we're used to...

Quite a few music teachers are turning to Skype for private one on one lessons . There was a recent article somewhere about it , cant recall off hand.

The instructors were happy for a client base that didnt have to stay local and students were happy to not have to drive places for lessons. win win.

Archived