Xaviere guitars?

LordOVchaoS

• Members

Hopefully I will get this paragraphing stuff right. I appreciate your help . I am fairly ignorant concerning computers, so this is really helpful. all my spare time goes toward understanding, modifying, and adjusting guitars. I don't know much about computers and the internet, but I'm learning. I also write patterns and program sequencers and do a lot of multi-track recording, so I am somewhat knowledgeable in those areas.

Thanks for your comments and help. I will continue to improve on my posts, and look forward to talking to the guitar playing world in the future.

Ssssincerely, Rattlesnake -ssss-.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully I will get this paragraphing stuff right. I appreciate your help . I am fairly ignorant concerning computers, so this is really helpful. all my spare time goes toward understanding, modifying, and adjusting guitars. I don't know much about computers and the internet, but I'm learning. I also write patterns and program sequencers and do a lot of multi-track recording, so I am somewhat knowledgeable in those areas.

Thanks for your comments and help. I will continue to improve on my posts, and look forward to talking to the guitar playing world in the future.

Ssssincerely, Rattlesnake -ssss-.

:lol: I like the hissing you keep doing at the end. Sounds like you know your stuff at guitar and you just started here. Well, you are doing more than me :poke:

And welcome Sir Rattlesnakerton IV. :wave:

To the OP, go for it. They are so cheap, that after some mods, you won't even have to worry about buyers remorse. I'd like to grab me an Xaviere with a P90 in the neck and humbucker bridge, but keep second guessing it. Well that's because i'm more cheap than you :thu:

• Members

:lol:
I like the hissing you keep doing at the end. Sounds like you know your stuff at guitar and you just started here. Well, you are doing more than me :poke:

And welcome Sir Rattlesnakerton IV.
:wave:

To the OP, go for it. They are so cheap, that after some mods, you won't even have to worry about buyers remorse. I'd like to grab me an Xaviere with a P90 in the neck and humbucker bridge, but keep second guessing it. Well that's because i'm more cheap than you
:thu:

:lol: I'll be buying one (or two) later this week. Thanks for all the input guys!

• Members

I Just posted a NGD of the JagStyle JT-60

Here is my review:

1st impressions:

It was a 'BLEM' piece, so quickly i inspected it to find the blem. And there it was right on the front of the body a couple of inches above the bridge is what looks like a laquer/stain drip, about 3 dots over the space of about an inch, which looks like there was a failed attempt to buff this out. Then i found the same again on the back of the body. Does this bother me? Not in the slightest, i think it kinda cool, and i bought it knowing fully well it was a blem, so cool with me!

The guitar itself is very light, its the body in particular that is the lightest, this i am not too keen on, i like to feel the weight of a guitar on my shoulder.

Came with a hardcase - Guitar was pretty much in tune out of the box! The hardcase quality wise, aint so great - its great for the price, my only concern is that it doesn't really seal. There is a generous sized gap around the perimiter of the seal.

Anyhoo.... enough about the case. Apperance-wise:

I LOVE the grain, it is very dark and prominant, great job on the sunburst, i dont like the pickguard colour, idk what its supposed to be, its 3ply, but the top is a red/pink/purple meh type thing. So i will be changing that. I dont like rosewood fretboards, this was going to be the first thing to change, this one actually in my eyes looks quite good! Its very dark, but has a thin light orangy stripe that runs from the top end of the 12th fret, and curves all the way down to the bottom of the 1st fret. Its cool!

Playability:

It took a bit of getting used to; my main guitar is a US standard strat with 9s on it. Im not 100% but i think the xaviere has 10s on it? (anyone know?) and has higher action than i am used to. I was told that i should expect to change the strings as soon as it arrives. Idk what strings are on there, but they are great, and im interested to find out where i can get more! I have got used to it now, and i LOVE it! Im starting to reluctantly prefer the playability of the xaviere over my strat now!! After plaing with the xaviere for 2days, i had a gig on sat, and took my strat, i broke the D string halfway through the 2nd song of our the set. I was obviously playing too hard on it, from playing 10s prior to it.

The fretwork isnt great, i mean the fret surfaces are perfect, but on the underside of the neck there is quite a bit of overhang which is quite sharp and a bit dangerous. So...... for playability - it plays great, and i don't mean just for the money, it plays great regardless of price.

Sound :

Acoustically, this is the best sounding guitar i own! Through the amp, not so much, it sounds pretty dull overall. I am strat neck pick up kinda guy, and the closest i could get to something i liked was the bridge pick up with the tone rolled off a tiny bit. Im aware that humbuckers in general are a different animal from singles but, sound wise im not convinced yet. I've tweaked the amp, but i dont fancy doing this often i.e everytime i change guitar. So the pickups will be upgraded later.

hardware:

Not a lot to say about the bridge, it does its job. The tone pot sucks big time, instead of having 10 degrees of sound, i it is pretty much just on and off. levels 1 and 2 are the same then by 3 to 10 there is no change in tone.

The volume works standard. the input is quiet and what you would expect. The toggle is noiseless between selections The machineheads are BRILLIANT! seriously! THE best thing about this Guitar! Tight, and they hold the tuning very well. The nut is cut perfectly and feels great too.

• Members

I'm looking to buy one of the 870 Strat knockoffs and put some of the GFS Lil Killers in it (6k / 6k / 10k config). Really wish the sunburst was a 3-tone...so I may end up with the vintage white with rosewood fretboard.

Sound like a plan?

• Members
Two way truss rods really aren't much more expensive than single... probably only a couple bucks when you buy quantity. They are nice to have.

Oh I hear you, but with all the other cost cutting mesures that go on with import guitars *cough plastic nuts cough*, to think that they'd be forward thinking enough to go with dual action rods is a good sign.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Since someone resurrected this long dead thread, and I stumbled upon it, I'll mention how much I like my Xaviere 510 LP clone. Superb guitar for the money and double the price. I really don't have a bad thing to say about it, save for the fact that I deemed it necessary to replace the top nut with a bone one I made, and some new strings.

Still going strong after a few years of hard, enjoyable use.

I've had great luck with GFS pups, parts and guitars over the years.

Archived