Another NAD -- I need to give it a rest!

Deadbeat Son

• Members

So I got an AC30HW2 last week, and then I couldn't resist picking up another amp when I had the chance. This one is something I've been wanting to try for quite a while, but haven't had the opportunity due to lack of a local dealer.

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

It's a Morgan MV3.8k, since renamed the 30/800. It's like an AC30 with JCM800 levels of gain on tap. So far, it sounds unreal! I only have a 12-75 loaded cab at home, so I won't be able to try it through better speakers until I get it into the rehearsal studio which probably won't be until this weekend.

First impressions are that the amp feels a bit "tighter" than my AC30 and sounds a bit dryer as well. But the string definition and harmonics are amazing. It's going to be a tough call deciding which of the two to keep.

• Members

Hey... As long as you can comfortably afford it... :idk:

But yeah... I need to stop hanging out with Doc Morbius and reading your posts and mrsully's posts. Plenty of members with lots of cool gear but it seems like everything you three guys get is almost exactly what I want, but I'm in the wrong income bracket.

:lol:

• Members

So where does one check out an amp like that. This is why I don't find G.C. interesting...

I agree with you regarding GC, it really doesn't excite me either. I just made this purchase based on reputation and clips. Even though I live in a fair sized town, there's nowhere for me to try a lot of the things I'm interested in. :idk:

• Members

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

I agree with you regarding GC, it really doesn't excite me either. I just made this purchase based on reputation and clips. Even though I live in a fair sized town, there's nowhere for me to try a lot of the things I'm interested in.
:idk:

Word on that - I bought a 65 Amps London Pro on a leap of faith and it turned out great. Happy New Amp Day!!!

• Members

Thanks cratz! But income, what's that? I haven't had a job or paycheck since June of 2010!

Hence the fitting moniker. :lol:

Seriously though, I've heard nothing but amazing things about Morgan amps. Would love to try one out sometime.

• Members

Hence the fitting moniker.

Seriously though, I've heard nothing but amazing things about Morgan amps. Would love to try one out sometime.

Ha! I actually had a very good job, but I was miserable so I quit to go back to school. I've been living off of savings and my wife's income.

I had heard nothing bad about the Morgans either, so it's great to finally give one a try.

Archived