What type of neck do the early 90s MIM Strats have?

geek_usa

• Members

I have a '93 MIM Standard Strat, and I really like the neck on it - problem is, I'm not sure if it's a C-shape, U-shape, or D-shape. I'm pretty sure it's a 7.25" because it's smaller than other strats I have owned (but similar to the 70s strats).

I'm looking for a '62 Reissue because I like the vibe but perhaps I won't like the neck?

What kind of strat necks would I be most comfortable with if I like the one on my '93?

• 2 years later...
  • Members

you wont like the 62ri I am thinking, as i am sure they have a thicker neck, the 52 ri teles have bassball bat necks ( horrible ) the 90s strats have the best necks IMO, even though they are only a tad thinner, it makes all the difference when playing, I have a 2002 strat as well, and it still feels alot bigger than my 90s neck, it is 9.25, which is still good, but the 7.25s are hard to beat for me, some guys stuggle with bends, but its all good IMO

• Members

The '62 RI will be the C-shaped neck profile, which is relative thin compared to most RI necks. The C-shape is probably the most common and most popular Fender neck made, it's the basis for most of their modern neck profiles. I don't know what neck the MIM Standards had back then, but something C-shape, and similar to the '62RI, is the most probable.

Fender%2BNeck%2BProfile.jpg

Archived