The OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club

book_of_lies777

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just picked mine up used but in mint condition in the box with an unused adaptor as well. Using it with a Vox AD30VT. Like it a lot but then tried it after my Crybaby, with some delay, and it blew me away!

• Members

Welcome Dennis.

I won a Bad Monkey in a contest awhile ago. In a separate contest (from the same place) I also won a TS5 Tube Screamer with a chip mod. I prefer the Monkey, no contest. First, I can get a bit more grit from the Monkey than I can from the TS. Second, I can EQ the Monkey better because it has separate bass and treble controls. Third, the line out on the Monkey allows me to go direct to board even if my amp doesn't have a line out, without using a DI box. The only place I'd go direct rather than mic is church, but it's an option I have used.

• Members

I picked up mine a while back when GC was blowing them out for $29 after hearing my friend's BM through a Fender Twin clone. Great bang for the buck.

I do prefer my other $29 pedal (true bypass Green Screamer) though.

• Members

Wow this thread was reserected from the dead.

I have the Monkey and wouldn't give it up. I use it for everything from a boost to OD. I like it because it is really transparent for a OD. Doesn't color my sound a whole lot.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Greetings! BM fan here.

Without searching every single page on this thread, I beg your permission to ask the following:

I'd like to swap out the stock LED for a different color. So, I went to my electronics supply store, but there seem to be a few different "types" to choose from. I know I need a 5mm, however there is one rated as 5V, another as 12V, and yet another with no voltage rating at all. Do I need to worry about this? Or will any of them work?

Thanks!

• Members

Greetings! BM fan here.

Without searching every single page on this thread, I beg your permission to ask the following:

I'd like to swap out the stock LED for a different color. So, I went to my electronics supply store, but there seem to be a few different "types" to choose from. I know I need a 5mm, however there is one rated as 5V, another as 12V, and yet another with no voltage rating at all. Do I need to worry about this? Or will any of them work?

Thanks!

Just like a light bulb, apply too much voltage and the thing will blow. I'd use the 12v.

• 2 years later...

Archived