The OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club

book_of_lies777

• Members

MONKEY SPANKERS UNITE!!!!

:love:badmonkeyF.jpg:love:

The Bad Monkey just may be Digitech's best pedal. It's got that sweet fat ANALOG smoothness that really gives your tone a great kick in the ass, or it works as an awesome clean boost as well - and it's only about a third of the price of the so-called 'real' Tube Screamers... :eek::thu:

SHOW YOUR LOVE!!

JOIN THE CLUB!!

feel free to add this to your signature line:

{color=green}Member, OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club{/color}

just replace {} with []

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

Originally posted by Jacek

Has anyone got experience with these modded Monkeys?

I havent tried them myself...but I'm slightly dubious about reducing the mids on it...surely where the mids are set already are part of the pedals great character?

• Members

Originally posted by krish

I havent tried them myself...but I'm slightly dubious about reducing the mids on it...surely where the mids are set already are part of the pedals great character?

If you want to reduce the mids, just crank the bass and trebel controls all the way up and turn the volume down slightly.

I used to own a Keeley modded TS-9 that I paid 150 bucks for. After I bought the Bad Monkey (which pretty much pw3nd it with it's better tone shaping) I sold the Keeley on Ebay. Fortunately I got all my money back.

• Members

I'm in. Into an overdriven amp it's better than any other overdrive I've owned or used and is one of the cheapest. It just adds that extra harmonic sparkle that no other OD has quite matched. Fantastic pedal.

• Members

Im in. got mine years ago and its my favorite piece of gear. I used to call it my talent box beacuse for some reason it just makes my playing that much better, and i can use it for all kinds of music,

pretty good for a 39$ pedal.

• Members

What are you guys setting your knobs at?

I can't seem to get a sound I absolutely love with it. It's still a pretty good pedal and a great deal, I got mine for $30 brand new from MF.

Boosting my Classic 50 with it.

• Members

Originally posted by mueller

What are you guys setting your knobs at?

I can't seem to get a sound I absolutely love with it. It's still a pretty good pedal and a great deal, I got mine for $30 brand new from MF.

Boosting my Classic 50 with it.

I've set mine at the following (imagine the little hashes are numbers on a clock):

Level = 12

Low = 1

High = 4

Gain = 9

Archived