HNLCGD

blind radish

• Members

I've been on the fence for a long time about buying a guitar made just for me. But when I saw Joe Walsh's custom esquire telecaster on the home page of his webiste, I said ...no THAT is a guitar for me.

http://devilsbackboneguitarco.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/joe-walshs-esquire.html?m=1

So I'd been to the Logan Custom Guitars web site many times. Bob Logan has great cred on the TPDRI web site among tele players. So I decided to take the leap.

And she's a keeper. This guitar is nitro finished ... the neck is a modern C with a flat fretboard radius .... it's got a SD Hot p90 in the bride and a half-tele bridge.

you strum it acoustically and it rings for days. Plugged in, it is as alive as any set neck I have ever played and owned.

The workmanship is solid and Bob is a nice guy to deal with.

Here she is .....

gmd-esquire.jpg

• Members

That is really beautiful, and the price is definitely right! :thu:. Congrats!

This is one of those rare occasions when I can get behind a builder who puts together a "copy" of sorts without the pomposity of charging three to four times what the "original" would cost. The fact that he's charging less for a MIA says a lot :).

• Members

Wow, affordable! How do you like the Seymour?

It works very well ... has all the grind of a gibby junior p90. When I roll off the tone a bit, it gets a nice warm purr... rolling off the volume cleans it up. I play mostly blues .. so the word hot or distortion in any pickup makes me hesitate ... but this p90 feels very versatile so far.

Archived