New Guitar Day! Tele content

newbuilder

• Members

So, something happened when Brian from BG pups posted some CV teles for sale on FB...I got the CV gas real bad...I have played a white CV and was pretty impressed and started wanting one.

One kinda fell in my lap and it is really nice. CV neck with vintage style wilky locking tuners, mim body that is one piece alder, and a top loader bridge and mim pups. The electronics were upgraded to alpha and a four way switch so position 4 does both pups in series.

My camera broke so I only have one picture right now.

IMAG0050.jpg

• Members

NICE! I thought the burst CV Teles with the rosewood necks had double bound bodies?? Is this a CV neck on another Tele?

MIM body and pups, and Ken was saying that it probably has a thin veneer over multi piece body to get that one piece look.

• Members

That was my first thought, too.
:facepalm:

:wave:

I would be more offended if I gave a {censored}...I used to feel the exact same way, I have to eat crow and say that Squier has some stuff that works...this neck is definitely one well made neck with a killer fit and finish.

• Members

awesome...i have a cvc on a mim 60s body and its a killer combo my cvc plays as good as my 52ri thats how good these are

That is almost exactly what this is, and I am totally digging her...the guy I got her from is a tele player and a damn good one too, he did a fine job putting this one together.

• Members

There are just too many people that say these are very good guitars to put someone down who owns one. I don't have one but it's because the neck is too narrow for me but if they had a wider neck available, I would likely have one too. It would be modded, but I would have one.

Archived