Jeff Beck on SNL tonite

Angry Tele

• Members
Jeff Beck is talented, but his playing doesn't really resonate with me at all.
:idk:

Jeff's "Truth" album contains some of my favorite Blues/Rock guitar ever. Rough and Ready had it's moments as did Blow by Blow although it was the start of Jeff's jazz direction. As Larry Carlton stated, nice try but he's not truly comfortable in that genre. Of the modern micro-tonal Whammy guitar, Guitar Shop had some cool stuff. "Where Were You" and "A Day in the Life" are masterpieces. Most of what Jeff does now is too fragmented for me. Jeff's finger/wrist vibrato is one of the best and he rarely showcases it. Ditto his sweet melodic side. I'd like to see Jeff play a Tele and a Les Paul besides the Strat. I know it's blasphemy but Jeff doesn't do it for me these days.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jeff's "Truth" album contains some of my favorite Blues/Rock guitar ever. Rough and Ready had it's moments as did Blow by Blow although it was the start of Jeff's jazz direction. As Larry Carlton stated, nice try but he's not truly comfortable in that genre. Of the modern micro-tonal Whammy guitar, Guitar Shop had some cool stuff. "Where Were You" and "A Day in the Life" are masterpieces. Most of what Jeff does now is too fragmented for me. Jeff's finger/wrist vibrato is one of the best and he rarely showcases it. Ditto his sweet melodic side. I'd like to see Jeff play a Tele and a Les Paul besides the Strat. I know it's blasphemy but Jeff doesn't do it for me these days.

Haven't listened to his latest, "Emotion and Commotion", have you?

• Members

Haven't listened to his latest, "Emotion and Commotion", have you?

No, the previous cds were more of the whammy jagged stuff. Do his lines flow more on 'Emotion'? Again, I'm a huge fan of Jeff's earlier stuff and some of his modern stuff is breathtaking, most of what I've heard lately doesn't move me.

• Members

And The volume knob but it is getting US taking about him, so good for him!

Like EV tapping and and ZW pinch harmonics he is s developing a trademark sound late. In. His career.

That being said I would rather him play as LP too.(With a broken volume knob)

Archived