Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster worse than Agile AL-3500?

Grayson73

• Members

I'm sorry I have to say this Grayson, but judging by the way you've been behaving in this thread, you know absolutely nothing about how a guitar works and what it's components do. I suggest you take some lessons or at least take some time learning about your instrument.

• Members

Honestly, if I only had been playing as long as you have, I would sell both guitars and

buy one of those Peavey packages listed in the sale thread for $50. If will give you

your rock sound, and it will keep you busy until you are ready for a different guitar.

• Members

Thanks, I will experiment some more. When you say "bridge pickup", do you mean moving the
lever towards the bridge
(away from the neck)?

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. Now if you truly are new to the Telecaster than yes that "lever" is called the pickup selector and it's simply a 3-way switch. If you want to select the bridge pickup you push the switch all the way to the right towards the bridge (if you are right handed). If you want to select both pickups then push the switch so it's in the middle. If you want to select the pickup closest to the neck you push the switch all the way to the left. This is of course if you are holding the guitar in the playing position.

Now I hope this helps! :wave:

• Members

Our P/W group does Everlasting God.... sometimes I use a strat, sometimes a LP, sometimes a tele, sometimes my Showmaster... I've even used my Washburn J-7 jazz box. They all sound good. I think you need to spend some time with the tele. Don't compare it to your 3500.... as others have noted, they are two very different guitars.

Archived