fender G-DEC 3 15 vs Fender Mustand I

stewiesguitar

• Members

right now im using a fender vibro champ xd and i love it, but i like that have even more versatility and be able to jam with friends. im an intermediate player, and still learning lots. and im in the military, so it needs to be good for use in the barracks/dorms.

back home i have the mustang one and dont get me wrong i love it, but i wanted to know how the gdec compares now that the prices are down?

• Members

than the Mustang 1. You can adjust the volume of the backing tracks and it also has an SD card reader so you can have SD cards of different types/ styles of the music you might play along to. I think it also has an input for the 4 button foot switch Fender makes (the Mustang only has a 1 button switch). You can use the 4 button switch to record with. Look up the specs for the 2 amps and what they can do.

I have a Mustang II, Mini and GDEC 3-30 (also had a 15 and a Junior). So that's my take , the GDEC is ... better.

Also, Fender has tons of backing tracks and "presets" available for download from their site. Check it out.

• Members

I just got a new GDEC 3-30 and after I used the downloadable file from Fender to convert it to the Blues edition i,t's amazingly good for the price ($170 shipped via Amazon Prime). I already have like 400 backing tracks loaded on the SD card, and I'm playing lots more because of it. I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but for the difference in price between the 15 and the 30, I'd absolutely go for the 30.

I have the Mustang I and it was pretty cool, but the 30 is miles and miles better.

• Members

I just got a new GDEC 3-30 and after I used the downloadable file from Fender to convert it to the Blues edition i,t's amazingly good for the price ($170 shipped via Amazon Prime). I already have like 400 backing tracks loaded on the SD card, and I'm playing lots more because of it. I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but for the difference in price between the 15 and the 30, I'd absolutely go for the 30.

I have the Mustang I and it was pretty cool, but the 30 is miles and miles better.

what does the blues version do that the standard doesn't?

Also, I have both, the GDEC is a great tool for jamming and with the footswitch you can create loops. The Mustang is smaller and lighter though :idk:

• Members

what does the blues version do that the standard doesn't?

Also, I have both, the GDEC is a great tool for jamming and with the footswitch you can create loops. The Mustang is smaller and lighter though
:idk:

The tones and backtracks are all blues & blues-rock oriented; some of them are pretty cool and can be made very good with a little Fuse editing. You can export the current settings to the SD card, overwrite them with one of the special editions images (Blues, Metal or Country), try 'em out and go back to your current altered settings (or to the factory config) if you don't like it. You can also export and import individual presets, so any ones you like from any of the special editions you can merge into your current settings bank.

• Members

The tones and backtracks are all blues & blues-rock oriented; some of them are pretty cool and can be made very good with a little Fuse editing. You can export the current settings to the SD card, overwrite them with one of the special editions images (Blues, Metal or Country), try 'em out and go back to your current altered settings (or to the factory config) if you don't like it. You can also export and import individual presets, so any ones you like from any of the special editions you can merge into your current settings bank.

interesting, might have to try that out, the blues one sounds right up my alley.

• Members

interesting, might have to try that out, the blues one sounds right up my alley.

You should. The whole reflashing-to-special-edition operation takes maybe 10 minutes. You should have the GDEC format your SD card for you, so it creates the correct folders and makes it easy to add your own backing tracks (they go in the Audio folder, midi files go in Midi and so on).

Here's the link to the page with the downloads for each special edition (and factory settings), and installation instructions.

The factory speaker is pretty good, but I have a nicely broken-in Ragin Cajun from my previous generation GDEC 30 that I'm going to try out in it to see what sort of improvement it yields.

Archived