And the WORSE drummer is....... ?

Neil_Peart

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All i'm saying is that I cannot personally find anything that I like in Ward's playing. To me it sounds like myself when I was starting out - and that, my friends, is not desirable.

Yo man, if you STARTED OUT playing like Bill Ward, you muct be a friggin drum god by now! And I'm sure you're not... you probably suck donkey balls.

• Members

The worse drummer is he/she who believes that he/she has all the licks.....and knows all there is to know. There is more to drumming than warp speed double bass blast beats in your face 24/7. Many of today's drummers are technical wizards but somewhere along the line they were never exposed to the art of listening to their fellow band members and understanding what it is and most importantly how it "feels' to be "part" of a song.

Rock on gents and ladies

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Ringo : I think he was a good one, great sound, good sense of rythm,
nice mustache.

Bill ward...pretty crap, but that guy said the truth..he's got much heart than anyone else ....still crap, lovely guy

Pretty sure about Charlie Watts, I guess he just chose the wrong job,
he plays like a clerk on holiday..and he looks like that too!

Mike Portnoy, quite a lot of technique, but ''0'' style

Joy Jordison, just flat

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Wow zombie thread...

I guess my silver lining is that if someone thinks Patrick Wilson (Weezer) is THE worst drummer, then at least I know who the "worst judge of drumming ability" is.

Seriously? He's not a chops-a-holic by any stretch, but the guy can at least play.
Way worse drummers on the planet by far.

Archived