And the WORSE drummer is....... ?

Neil_Peart

• Members

Bill Ward was the only one of them who knew anything about music.

He'd been playing jazz for a while before BS. When he joined, he did find it extremely hard to play a simple 4/4 beat, something he'd never done before in his life.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Bartman:

Perhaps we should start a thread called ...

THE MEMBER WITH THE MOST SPELLING AND GRAMMATICAL ERRORS!

... my goodness

goodness had nuthing to dew with it ... hey, that shud be "thred", should it knot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

I love it when someone who abviously knows nothing about drummers knocks those that are in all likelihood 10 times better than he (or she) is

it's almost always a drummer who thinks he is great becasue plays LOTS of fills, never quite comprehending or realizing that he can't keep a beat, can't come with an interesting drum part on his own (too busy playing along with CD's of others) his tempo is erratic and all over the place, he has no feel, andthat the fills he's so proud of are unoriginal, uncalled for, and/or performed BADLY, with no sense of power or fluidity

Ringo and Watts have never been my favorite drummers style-wise, but they certainly have a great feel, know when and when not to play, and have been a rock on which their bandmates could create some great music

what have you done lately, "Neil"?

(btw, listen to Rain or She Said, She Said -- to name just a few -- and try telling me wiht a straight face that Ringo wasn't just a pretty damn fine drummer who came up with some great ideas and played what needed to be played to make the song the best it could be, but could also play some GREAT drums when the song called for it)

• Members

Originally posted by agogobill

wow! youse guys must be soooo good ... let us know what recordings you're on so that we can listen to what some real top-of-the-line pros sound like.

Almost NONe of the drummers let themselves be heared, are this all {censored}'s? And not really this topic, but just make a topic "he check this rhytm I just played" or someting. Would be very interesting, chatting about drums is 1 thing. Hearing is more interesting.

I'd have to guess that the worst drummer is the one so busy looking for the worst drummer he isn't practicing himself.

If you hadn't said this I'd say it :)

And Lil drummer is right. A lot of music just doesn't need complex drum patterns. I think a technical good drummer that's doesn't show off for the goodness of the song is a better drummer than someone who's just making fills after every 2 measures.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

... so you own three mp3's, one of a guy listening to the name of Charly Watts, a bloke I never heard of or did you mean Charlie Chaplin or James Watt, a Scottish inventor and engineer whose improvements to the steamhammer BD pedal were fundamental? One of the Rolling Stones, and a guy who is better then the first two

• Moderators

My God, this is old. :freak:

Really, the only drummer I'd call a bad drummer is one who isn't playing the right part for the song.

I can't resist replying to the (er, five year old) Tre Cool comment... it's pretty hard to play constant eighth notes on the hats/ride at the tempo that a lot of Green Day songs are at, song after song, with a solid tempo.

• Members

I can't resist replying to the (er, five year old) Tre Cool comment... it's pretty hard to play constant eighth notes on the hats/ride at the tempo that a lot of Green Day songs are at, song after song, with a solid tempo.

Not for me... But I don't think he's bad. There are a lot of drummers out there who I really don't like (Joey Jordison, Travis Barker, etc.), but I wouldn't call bad. Most bad drummers can't even keep in time, and therefore never get gigs.

• Members

LOL, I love it.

We've debated this over and over. I'm the worstest drummer out their. Like I've said, I know only one fill, I drop my stick every fourth measure, I can't play in time, and my arthritic knee only allows me to play my kick in quarter notes...so piss off!

Meg??

Archived