so, what's the word on the Squier offsets?

kadrocker

• Members

I'd like get a Jaguar but don't wanna shell out $700 for one when I could spend half of that on the Squier that's supposedly coming out. I don't want one with the humbuckers or tune o matic bridge either. I love my single coils and the tremolo!

I read the Squier Jaguar, Jazzmaster, and Mustang were supposed to be out mid June. Anyone see any for sale yet?

• Members

I can understand Fender wanting to push out the old models through retail prior to launching the new series. What I can't understand is why they infuriate their customer base - repeatedly - with half-assed campaign management that reeks of 23 year old running the ship.

Let's review.

Modern Player Marauder in Lake Placid Blue - a huge hit, no supply to keep up with demand.

Pawn Shop Series (inexplicably) a hit, can't keep stock in stores.

Offset Squiers creating buzz on internet, no date of availability published.

etc. etc. etc.

I'm not just bitching because I have pent up GAS (which I do), and I realize the wisdom in creating advance buzz, but there's also something called "backlash" when you just don't seem to give a {censored} about your customers, abuse their enthusiasm, and simply don't maximize your revenues because you {censored} up your supply chain.

That Marauder's been 'on the market' for a while and is de facto unavailable. I've heard from two reasonably level-headed local stores that getting stock from Fender is a nightmare, and while the mooks at GC here won't ever be honest with me, I see what does and doesn't cross their transom.

Isn't that why you outsource production to Asia? To reduce the cost, so you can increase production? Unmet demand for a product is an executive's nightmare ... if I were a senior FMIC person, I'd be ready to barf blood. Are they publicly traded? Can't be with this sort of unprofessionalism, fund managers would punish this like a nun catching a shoplifter.

My love of Fender guitars and amps certainly stops well short of their company. It's a mess.

• Members

Blackface- I'm not bitching, just wondering! I saw these Squier offsets back in April I believe. Was just wondering if they were real. I want a Jaguar terribly but can't afford $1700 for a guitar. The Squier will save me well over a grand.

I personally want two- the sunburst. It's a very nice looking guitar, coupled with the tortoise pickguard: perfect! I also want the white one, Carl Wilson played one back in the early 60s, and he's my guitar hero.

• Members

Yeah, it's all about the uber-marketing with poor follow-through. I'm comfy being labeled a dick, but there are people who paid in Dec/Jan for the Marauder who didn't receive it for 4 mos.

Seriously, that's {censored}ing shameful, and avoidable.

"Hi. We had a problem with this model - we think it won't be out now for another 12-16 weeks." etc. etc. etc. Also, I've been told by several people at retail that they play strong favorites with how they fulfill orders. That's a poor business practice, if there are no firm rules attached.

• Members

Yeah, it's all about the uber-marketing with poor follow-through. I'm comfy being labeled a dick, but there are people who paid in Dec/Jan for the Marauder who didn't receive it for 4 mos.

Seriously, that's {censored}ing shameful, and avoidable.

"Hi. We had a problem with this model - we think it won't be out now for another 12-16 weeks." etc. etc. etc. Also, I've been told by several people at retail that they play strong favorites with how they fulfill orders. That's a poor business practice, if there are no firm rules attached.

• Members

Viral marketing... it's worked on me though I will have to save for a bit to buy any guitar. I intended to get the Squier Macis JM when the rumors started about that but now that these new ones are on the way I'll hold out for a sonic blue jazzmaster.

• Members

People are pissed because a guitar didn't come out yet? But it will in a month? God damn, what dicks.

lol, no {censored}, right?

"Gaarrrrgggghhh! They posted a pic of some guitar I have to have but can't! A roof? Three squares? Yeah. What about my damn Squier though!"

wah wah wah.

• Members

Blackface- I'm not bitching, just wondering! I saw these Squier offsets back in April I believe. Was just wondering if they were real. I want a Jaguar terribly but can't afford $1700 for a guitar. The Squier will save me well over a grand.

I personally want two- the sunburst. It's a very nice looking guitar, coupled with the tortoise pickguard: perfect! I also want the white one, Carl Wilson played one back in the early 60s, and he's my guitar hero.

I was just talking about the guy above me and some other posts I'd seen in another thread. I was wondering the same question that you are.

Archived