8S OFR end of summer?

tedmich

• Members

Floyds are only a headache if you don't take 15 minutes to educate yourself on how to correctly operate them.

Ok. You say that and they I say "Bull{censored}" and then we turn this thread into a purse throwing contest.

Ready....

GO!

• Members

Ok. You say that and they I say "Bull{censored}" and then we turn this thread into a purse throwing contest.

Ready....

GO!

You can throw whatever you want, but a Floyd Rose is a very simple bridge to operate IF you take the time to understand it. I can change strings on mine in less than 15 minutes, including minor intonation adjustments. If someone else can't do that, don't blame the Floyd Rose; blame ignorance.

Here, easy steps to get it done:

1 - Cut off all the old strings and clean the guitar/oil the fretboard.

2 - Install all the new strings at once, don't bother tuning yet.

3 - Crank the spring claw tight and set your fine tuners to about half-way.

4 - Grab a stack of picks and set the float where you want it. Put them between the trem block and the guitar body.

5 - Tune the guitar to pitch.

6 - Stretch the strings once and then retune.

7 - Lock the nut.

8 - SLOWLY, like 1/4 turn at a time on each screw, loosen the claw. Check the stack of picks every time to see if they'll move any at all.

9 - Once they'll budge, pull them out.

10 - Adjust your tuning using the claw screws. When it's in tune, it'll be floating exactly where the picks were holding it. I usually don't even need to touch the fine tuners.

That's it. That takes me about 15 minutes, including the time I let the oil soak in on the neck. Anyone that can't do that doesn't need to operate complicated machinery, like door knobs and drinking cups.

• Members

You can throw whatever you want, but a Floyd Rose is a very simple bridge to operate IF you take the time to understand it. I can change strings on mine in less than 15 minutes, including minor intonation adjustments. If someone else can't do that, don't blame the Floyd Rose; blame ignorance.

I was kidding.

But, your problem is that you can't simply state "I like them and never have a problem". You have to say that someone is a dumbass for not liking them. That's why I chose to tease you. The fun part is that you get all wound up and post manifestos in response instead of an :lol:

• Members

I was kidding.

But, your problem is that you can't simply state "I like them and never have a problem". You have to say that someone is a dumbass for not liking them. That's why I chose to tease you. The fun part is that you get all wound up and post manifestos in response instead of an
:lol:

No one is a dumbass for not liking a Floyd Rose. Someone is only a dumbass for not understanding them and then going on a forum and bashing them.

Archived