Humbucker choice for Jaguar: help needed

Elessar [Sly]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dislike Jaguar, so what? Dimarzio SD is a really good option

I am not going to use something I'm not keen on, that would be pointless... nothing in the DiMarzio range appeals to me. It is all about taste so recommending something to someone after they've said they don't want to go in that direction isn't the most helpful thing.

I'm stuck though because there are quite a lot of choices and I am trying to narrow it down.

• Members
haha Aye he was!

Yeah I decided to go with MJT guitars in the end, good prices, and great customer service. I'm having them build the Jag, but I'll sort the pickups out at this end.

I've read many great things about MJT. I've emailed them a couple of times about their Jazzmaster & Jaguar bodies and finishes. Unfortunately, they do not do NOS finishes, only relics and I hate relics like I hate Cobain. ;)

• Members

I've read many great things about MJT. I've emailed them a couple of times about their Jazzmaster & Jaguar bodies and finishes. Unfortunately, they do not do NOS finishes, only relics and I hate relics like I hate Cobain.
;)

I'm getting classic nitro finish without any relicing. I want it to age naturally like how they used to be made.

• Members

Exactly...

= have to pay tax ontop and a handling fee. I'd rather buy a brand stocked in the UK.

ah, i see... i've never had any thing shipped from over seas, you guys probably get screwed with the extra they tag on... still, it might be worth a shot to shoot them both an e-mail, i know Ken does a whole bunch of business in Australia...

• Members

ah, i see... i've never had any thing shipped from over seas, you guys probably get screwed with the extra they tag on... still, it might be worth a shot to shoot them both an e-mail, i know Ken does a whole bunch of business in Australia...

Yeah I may e-mail them to find out, but it is likely I'll go with pups that are already in the country. I like Bare knuckles and some duncans, but I can't make up my mind to put in an ash body. I know I need pickups that aren't going to be bright because the wood is rather bright.

• Members

Yeah I may e-mail them to find out, but it is likely I'll go with pups that are already in the country. I like Bare knuckles and some duncans, but I can't make up my mind to put in an ash body. I know I need pickups that aren't going to be bright because the wood is rather bright.

BKP are friggin' bad ass pickups:thu:

• Members

BKP are friggin' bad ass pickups:thu:

Yeah I've got bare knuckles in a few of my guitars, and I really like them. Tim from BKP's has recommended the Nailbombs for the jag, and although I'd never usually think twice about his choice, I'm not overly keen on them in my Ibby. I also know it is a completely different instrument though.

Originally I was looking at Mules, but then I was recommended VHII's, holy divers, and a crawler. So as you can see I am a bit lost.

• Moderators

Yeah I've got bare knuckles in a few of my guitars, and I really like them. Tim from BKP's has recommended the Nailbombs for the jag, and although I'd never usually think twice about his choice, I'm not overly keen on them in my Ibby. I also know it is a completely different instrument though.

Originally I was looking at Mules, but then I was recommended VHII's, holy divers, and a crawler. So as you can see I am a bit lost.

Have you contacted Creamery for handwounds, and Iron Gear for good budget pickups and also Tone Riders Al IIs would sound very sweet in an ash bodied Jag

Archived