Incredible Homemade Les Pauls

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cavi

View Post

looks great so far. I imagine you will go nuts for the next month!!!

thanks...

it's hard, but it's for the best, plus i have another build going and plenty of nice guitars to play.

i'll survive tongue.gif

EDIT: btw, i see you just joined... welcome to the forum wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vcnyls

View Post

It's gotta feel great to look at such a beautiful guitar and know that you made it with your own two hands. Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by k4df4l

View Post

Daym! Looks like you're closing in on the finish line.thumb.gif

thanks guys and it is a great feeling.

i put off building for a while because of how complex it seemed to me. and there is a learning curve, but with the right tools, plans and helpful people to answer questions i pulled it off...

this was my learning curve and she's not perfect, but from 2 foot away she is tongue.gificon_lol.gif

the finish line is right in front of me thumb.gif

• Members

This thread is leading me towards at least trying to finish a guitar myself.

If they still have them around in a month or so, I might give one of those Guitar Fetish LP kits a try and see what I can do.

I've been wanting a Les Paul style guitar with a Bigsby and it seems odd to buy one to go that route and since they don't cut the bridge, I think that might be a good way to get one and do a bit of the work on this thread.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NashSG

View Post

This thread is leading me towards at least trying to finish a guitar myself.

If they still have them around in a month or so, I might give one of those Guitar Fetish LP kits a try and see what I can do.

I've been wanting a Les Paul style guitar with a Bigsby and it seems odd to buy one to go that route and since they don't cut the bridge, I think that might be a good way to get one and do a bit of the work on this thread.

the GFS kits are not perfect and require a little skill, like having to shim the neck...

check out this thread. the quality is a little lacking. you might be better off to spend more on a better kit unless you feel up to correcting an imperfect kit...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2367590

i built a PRS style kit from Grizzly, the link is in my sig. it's a nice guitar but the kit was almost $400...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie

View Post

well a little more than that, but...

will this do ??? biggrin.gif

dcam2337ge3.jpg

How do you like the TSL?

I have the DSL50 and am not all the impressed compared to my Peavey Ultra Plus for tone and volume. also the semi-non death metal tones leave me wanting - sounds a bit squished.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski

View Post

How do you like the TSL?

I have the DSL50 and am not all the impressed compared to my Peavey Ultra Plus for tone and volume. also the semi-non death metal tones leave me wanting - sounds a bit squished.

i love it, especially for what it does... this model has three channels, so it's pretty versatile and nicely controllable with a foot pedal for those channels, reverb and FX loop.

of course the cleans are marshall cleans so they only get so good, but i'm okay with that. i usually add a little chorus in on my cleans so it sounds good to me.

the other two channels are set up with semi gain and full gain. semi gain gets a nice classic rock tone and the full gain gets that sweet marshall crunch.

i can't get ultra cleans, nor can i get any good metal tones out of it, but i love it for what it does.

with that said i want a mesa boogie to sit beside it smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
wow this is a great thread, I'm putting it in my favorites,I've been studying luthery and building a stash of lumber in my shop for 2 or 3 years now,and Ive kind of half-assed a few so far,with moderate success,but this is very inspirational,thanks everyone.Ed

thanks ed...

you should check out my 2nd build, it has been even better documented... link in my sig... ;)

Archived