Incredible Homemade Les Pauls

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by boxcarmonument

View Post

Wow she's really a beauty. Great job for your first build GN.

I have been looking forward all week to update's on this and your other build. Finally!

thanks, just finish up the wiring and soldering this evening...

should be jammin in a bit... Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ejendres

View Post

Looks awesome GN!!

hows it sound?

How did you go about grounding it? I've always wondered that about LPs

thanks man...

and yes, i have it wired up and have played her a bit... i think the tone is a bit on the higher pitched side... but rolling off the tone knobs to about 6 puts it right where a mahogany/maple les paul are to me...

need to put a little more time in playing her, but life has been really busy this week.

anyway, on the ground, there is just a wire run from stop tail anchor to the electronics cavity. ground to the anchor on one end and soldered to the back of one of the pots. all pots on the back soldered together...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie

View Post

thanks man...

and yes, i have it wired up and have played her a bit... i think the tone is a bit on the higher pitched side... but rolling off the tone knobs to about 6 puts it right where a mahogany/maple les paul are to me...

need to put a little more time in playing her, but life has been really busy this week.

anyway, on the ground, there is just a wire run from stop tail anchor to the electronics cavity. ground to the anchor on one end and soldered to the back of one of the pots. all pots on the back soldered together...

cool, I figured it would be something like that.

You could try 250k pots to darken the tones poke.gif

• Members

Went through all 49 pages over 2 nights.

Great thread.

Beautiful build.

Congrats!

ha. ha... that's what happens to me when i find a good, long thread... only i usually read them in one night and i'm exhausted at work the next day...

thanks man !!!

• Members
25ev8si.jpg

k03oqs.jpg

110gevp.jpg

you did these from scratch?? {censored} man, nice job!!!!! Its gotta feel great to rock with a great playing sounding axe that you built yourself...I wish I had the time and patience for this because I would {censored}ing LOVE to "roll my own"

• Members
you did these from scratch?? {censored} man, nice job!!!!! Its gotta feel great to rock with a great playing sounding axe that you built yourself...I wish I had the time and patience for this because I would {censored}ing LOVE to "roll my own"

no, i didn't post those and those are virtual guitars...

they were created here:

http://www.frankmontag.com/hobbys/custom_lp_style_guitar.htm

i love rolling my own too... :D

• Members

btw, here's the best i have done practicing so far. the good news is the ink is very forgiving and you can just wipe it off with a little mineral spirits if it's not right.

my silk screen has a slight issue with the lower loop on the L as you can see, but i think it's close enough...

pennies on the back side for spacing...

dcam6344.jpg

gibby logo tape off, not using that here...

dcam6345.jpg

ready to go. clamped down on a good base...

dcam6347.jpg

some of my first attempts...

dcam6348.jpg

and the last one i did...

dcam6355.jpg

i think it's time to take the tuners off of this guitar and go at it... :thu:

• 10 months later...

Archived