"First World Problems" for guitarists

dmc69

• Members

When I first tried to register with HCEG and TDPRI, I was living in what would be described by many as a 'third world' country. I was denied admittance. I can therefore only conclude that the whole of HCEG is reflective of 'first world' problems.

However, to answer more directly:

The whole concept of vintage guitars.

GAS

Fender and Gibson

Vox and Marshall etcetera

'Bedroom' electric guitar player.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Willyguitar

View Post

'Bedroom' electric guitar player.

I didn't pick up a guitar because I wanted to be a performer. I like to play.

Anyways:

"The pedal that re-creates sounds that could only be generated in studio many many years ago doesn't sound warm enough." Maybe it's your shoes.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpUNA2nutbk

• Members

My $6,000 a month Manhattan apartment is too small for me to play without waking up the kids and I have a hard time choosing between playing through my MacBook, iPhone, iPad, PS3, or the headphone out on my practice amp.

• Members
"My fingers corrode those type of strings really quickly".

When travelling asia, kids used whatever they could find for strings, (stereo wires etc...). They could play amazingly well considering.

That's so true. We met some people north of Chang Mai in Thailand, they liked Reggae and I figured I'd show how to play some bob.
They passed me their guitar. It's NOT TUNED! Horror! I hurriedly tried to tune it by ear..... all the tuners were rusted SOLID.

I passed the guitar back to them and humbly marvelled at how they could get it sounding good when I couldn't. :)
Still sort of managed no woman no cry and they were very happy to learn that! :thu:

Archived