Good guitars with horrible resale value

Lonnie99

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something that has been customized, means it's been designed/made to
your
specifications/taste/preferences. That doesn't mean @#!*% to someone who is considering buying your custom guitar second hand. Especially if those "customizations" are simply mods you made yourself. You're fooling yourself if you really thing you're getting your money back.

You could be right. However, I'm talking about a Warmoth custom. If the right person comes along and appreciates those specs you'll do better selling it as a custom guitar, albeit, your market will be smaller than normal.

• Members

Unless you hold on to a classic design for 25 years until it becomes vintage all guitars have horrible resale value...

In most cases I'd agree but in the case of Rickenbacker 650's they're selling for more used than I paid new. And I paid regular retail price at the time.

• Members

i love my ESP strat. there was a M2 here that sold for about 1K it took ages to sell i think they are around 3k new.

i parted out my M1, no point selling it. sold the bady and pick up. kept the neck and have the old ESP V strat bridge on my esp strat.
i took that ugly wilkinson abomination off even though it was a fantastic bridge :)

Archived