NGD - 1973 Fender Musicmaster

honeyiscool

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
Musicmaster - The original student guitar. Neck pickup only. Three-saddle hardtail bridge.
Duo Sonic - Two pickups. Three-saddle hardtail bridge.
Mustang - Two pickups. Fender Dynamic Vibrato.
Bronco - Bridge pickup only. Unique Bronco Vibrato.

I think that's it for the vintage ones.
Cool, thanks for the info. The ideal model for me would be a hybrid of a Musicmaster and a Bronco. Single bridge pickup, fixed bridge.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. The ideal model for me would be a hybrid of a Musicmaster and a Bronco. Single bridge pickup, fixed bridge.
If you can find a musicmaster, it might be routed like a duo sonic...a vintage or aftermarket pickguard should be an easy score.

(honeyiscool's musicmaster is, but IIRC they didn't come out of the factory like that)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
If you can find a musicmaster, it might be routed like a duo sonic...a vintage or aftermarket pickguard should be an easy score.

(honeyiscool's musicmaster is, but IIRC they didn't come out of the factory like that)
I think most of the Musicmasters before the mid/late 1970s were routed for two pickups. I think the easiest way is to do as you say, find a Musicmaster or Duo Sonic and get another pickguard made.

• Members

I've been waiting for the right one for a long time myself. I wanted one that felt and looked just right, and this one did it for me. The frets are pretty worn and might have to be replaced one day, but the guitar is just solid through and through. The neck is the kind of neck where you can't really feel the thickness but it's definitely thicker than the average 60s shortscale neck.

Archived