Petition begging "the rogue" to release the secret to Slash toanz, brah

Elias Graves

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Rogue

View Post

Sorry brah, unless you're tone deaf I can actually play this pretty well, just not perfectly like Slash. Also you forgot this: (oh and there's more to it than this as well)

slash_setup_2010-e1279774216435.jpg

He didn't use all that {censored} for that tone. I doubt he even owned half of that when he cut the first record.

ahh_01.png

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by McHale

View Post

He didn't use all that {censored} for that tone. I doubt he even owned half of that when he cut the first record.

ahh_01.png

Not all of it brah, but he used a lot of it. I hope you're not one of the ignorant idiots who thinks this tone is achievable with a LP neck pickup plugged into a JCM 800 only?

• Members

View Post

Not all of it brah, but he used a lot of it. I hope you're not one of the ignorant idiots who thinks this tone is achievable with a LP neck pickup plugged into a JCM 800 only?

ugh... I didn't want to do this.

Slash was broke when they recorded that. He had a borrowed, modded amp and a borrowed guitar. Simply put, that tone (as close as Slash himself can get SINCE AFD) is using compression, Alnico II neck pickup, rolling off tone on the guitar, and a bit of gain. If your greatest accomplishment in life thus far is approximating Slash's tone by overcomplicating it using a crap ton of effects, you have very little in life to look forward to. Life is going to be very difficult for you.

Hell, this little lady (who is 6) plays it better and it sounds better than your clip. I wonder if she'll be posting a similar thread next. Doubt it, she's not a complete d-bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yz6hoTHyhs

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Blue

View Post

I'm late to the game. Why is everyone so angry at this person? Is he just the new diversion now that everyone has grown tired (temporarily) of piling on HoneyIsCool?

angry?

no.

more fun than there has been here since Senor JJ Pistoles took his sauce and poncho and rode off into the wilds of Texas.

And the Rogue has more of a sense of humour about himself than the other serious young man.

There is a time and place for both, of course.

brah

• Members

View Post

ugh... I didn't want to do this.

Slash was broke when they recorded that. He had a borrowed, modded amp and a borrowed guitar. Simply put, that tone (as close as Slash himself can get SINCE AFD) is using compression, Alnico II neck pickup, rolling off tone on the guitar, and a bit of gain. If your greatest accomplishment in life thus far is approximating Slash's tone by overcomplicating it using a crap ton of effects, you have very little in life to look forward to. Life is going to be very difficult for you.

Hell, this little lady (who is 6) plays it better and it sounds better than your clip. I wonder if she'll be posting a similar thread next. Doubt it, she's not a complete d-bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yz6hoTHyhs

Hahahahahahhahaha! This made my day and I laughed so hard!

If you actually think that is closer to the Slash tone than my attempt, you are completely retarded and need your ears checked, ASAP. You think you feel sorry for me? I feel so, so sorry for you for being that unbelievably stupid.

Yes, Slash had a borrowed, modded amp and a borrowed guitar (you missed the borrowed effects bit), but this next bit is hilarious:

"compression, Alnico II neck pickup, rolling off tone on the guitar, and a bit of gain"

You think that's all it takes?

Please, I beg of you brah, go record using that stuff alone and tell me all about how your muddy tone is anything like mine.

That girl sounds pretty good, she is most likely using amp modelling, but mine is so much closer and you'd be retarded to think otherwise.

This guy and I are the only ones I've seen so far who have nailed it, and even then mine is closer than his:

• Members

View Post

You think that's all it takes?

That's all it takes for even the most amateurish beginning guitar players. But since you said that once you got a thread dedicated to begging you for your mystical secrets, put up or shut up. I've seen enough interviews with Slash where he explains his simplistic approach to tone, especially on AFD that this discussion is a complete waste of time. BTW, I saw your post on EVH's tone. I'm DYING to see/hear this one too.

Out of curiosity, what gave you the impression that Slash's tone was the most coveted and sought after tone in the first place? Are you hearing impaired or something?

• Members

View Post

That's all it takes for even the most amateurish beginning guitar players. But since you said that once you got a thread dedicated to begging you for your mystical secrets, put up or shut up. I've seen enough interviews with Slash where he explains his simplistic approach to tone, especially on AFD that this discussion is a complete waste of time. BTW, I saw your post on EVH's tone. I'm DYING to see/hear this one too.

Out of curiosity, what gave you the impression that Slash's tone was the most coveted and sought after tone in the first place? Are you hearing impaired or something?

No, you're wrong. That's why no one on this forum can nail it, and hardly anyone on Youtube can, whereas my recording is almost spot on. Slash had used a few effect units on that recording (MXR Phase 90 is one of them) and I promise you that you'll need more to get it exactly. Otherwise if its so easy I look forward to one person on this forum post a tone like mine with the setup you described - IT WONT HAPPEN BRAH! I too am dying to hear it happen though.

Despite what Slash says in his interviews, just take a look at his Live setup with his 10 effects units, then come back to me.

I might put up the EVH tone tomorrow, it is identical. I cant play Eruption as quickly as he can, and I would put my left nut on the fact you guys will go on and on about my playing even if my tone is spot on, because you're a bunch of immature tossers.

As for the most sought after tone being Slash's:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+get+the+slash+tone

"About 9,630,000 results"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow

View Post

Slash sucks and his toanz suck too.

Oops! Did I say that out loud?

Do I really have to repeat myself for the millionth time and say that 1) you're missing the point of me nailing one of the most sought after tones in history and 2) you dont speak for humanity's taste in guitar tones

• Members

View Post

Do I really have to repeat myself for the millionth time and say that 1) you're missing the point of me nailing one of the most sought after tones in history and 2) you dont speak for humanity's taste in guitar tones

I will consider myself told.

So, you got your wish.

Reveal the secret. Preferably a video clip of YOU actually playing it.

We are ready.

Archived