what is the fastest single kick drum pedal?

ae5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lmao at the comments here....ok,ok.before you buy anything, go try a pearl demon drive pedal. is the lightest pedal that i know of and it will allow you play faster with more control. that is the key factor here. you still have to work on technique. good luck

• Members

It's all about technique and practice BLAH BLAH BLAH

I actually gained some speed AND power switching to an offset cam pedal. And that was after 15 years of drumming. The brand probably doesn't matter so long as it's quality.

I also like the pedals with the single rod beater angle adjustment and the offset hoop claw tension. FASTEST setup and teardown ever.

• Members

ye he may sound like an ass but he asked a very simple question and hes not getting an answer. basically there are some pedals which are clearly faster. when u start bull{censored}ting about tension and belts and finish with "but its up to personal preference" it basically means u want to sound clever without admitting u dont have a clue. i would also like to see an answer to this shizzle. is the DW5000TD3 the fastest? the reason i ask is because its the latest dw pedal and it has "turbo" in its name. and yes i dont know {censored} about drum pedals.

As one of the posters from this thread in 2001 I will stand by what I said then...

"The fastest pedal is the one with the fastest foot on top of it"

• Members

You ever try to run in flip-flops

Of course a quality pedal helps..but there is no one pedal that is "fastest". what feels fastest to me might feel like a brick to you.

Give me a random pedal in good condition..DW, Pearl, Tama, Axis..it doesn't matter. and I can make any one of them as "fast" as I'm able to play it, one of the best feeling pedals I ever played on was a cheap Dixon

While I don't run in flip-flops..I have been known to drum with them on from time to time ;)

• Members

Actyually The fastest kick pedal would be a servo thumper piston. Fire it anyway you like - toe keyboard ...

I have so thought about that the pedal could hug your foot and stay right in position with whatever incremental degree your leg was at. Of course the servo would be tied to a programmable controller where you could smooth out all of the idiosyncrasies of the user, but who would pay a over a grand for kick pedal?

• Members

I have so thought about that the pedal could hug your foot and stay right in position with whatever incremental degree your leg was at. Of course the servo would be tied to a programmable controller where you could smooth out all of the idiosyncrasies of the user, but who would pay a over a grand for kick pedal?

A Sonor user for one. The one guy.

A one to one servo would be as slow as your foot though. You could hook it up to a pedal with the regular spring and a flywheel maybe.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I loved my speed king. Was fast, sturdy, broke down and packed up tight in a bag. Was a great pedal. Not sure it's the fastest though.

But then again I was never concerned with playing fast bass licks, unless they were rolls or a quick double triple, heel toe, in which case the speed king, proves to still be king.

• Members

Since this is obviously a competition, let's let Guiness decide. The winner of WFD (World's Fastest Drummer) more than once used Axis. I suppose two Axis pedals would be equivalently as "fast" as one Axis double pedal.

[video=youtube;thc32oyGzq4]

I use Axis pedals as well, though I have neither the ability nor desire to go anywhere near that fast, I just really like the way they feel when they are adjusted to my liking. Pretty bulletproof, too.

Archived